Chapter Six : The Contract

Katie's POV

Once the bell rang I walked out of the classroom furiously. It was already after school and I was going to walk home. My mom took the keys from me because of the fountain incident. 

"Katie! Geez you keep making me chase you!" Ian shouted at me down the hall.

"What do you want this time, Ian." I asked him super annoyed. I can't believe I’m doing this project with him. I can't believe I signed that contract. 

"Aww don't be like that, Babe. Come watch me in basketball practice?" He said laughing and so smiley.

"Don't call me 'babe' and why should I watch you practice." 

"Because we signed the marriage contract to be married for a month honey." His face was so full of smiles, I started blushing.

Why is he enjoying this? He won't stop asking me to watch his practice, what's so important about a basketball practice?

"Please, I'll drop you home; I just got my car today. As an apology for dinner which was an accident." He emphasized the word 'accident'. I finally gave in, after all, I didn't want to walk home. 

"Fine, just don't call me any gushy corny nicknames." I turned around walking to the gym.

"Yay, my sweetheart gets to watch her sexy beast practice." He said following me, he sounds excited.

I blushed a little, I hate to admit it but when he calls me those names my heart was pounding. He even called himself sexy, well he is but, oh who am I kidding? He's so damn conceited

"Why do you sound so excited?" I asked him curiously.

"Because I want to make things right with you and make up for the fountain incident." He sounded confident about it.

"Okay then, I'll give you a chance."

~Two hours later~

"Ian! I'm sorry!!! It wasn't my fault!!" I kept apologizing I didn't mean to hurt him.

He started it, he threw the basketball at me when I was reading, but it didn't hit me. So when he wasn't looking I threw it back at him and hit his face so hard his nose started bleeding.

"Holy shit, I am really so sorry!" I was on the ground with him holding his head wiping his blood.

"Ugh don't worry about it, I deserve that." He said holding my hand and the tissue.

"No! I'm sorry; I’ll do anything to make it up to you. Please be okay I didn't mean to hit you in the face and make your nose bleed." I said trying to make him stand. "Let's go to the hospital." I said taking his keys from him.

"Katie I’m fine, it's okay it's not even broken, the bleeding will stop. Stop worrying!" He told me all those, but I still feel bad. I feel so guilty for doing that to him.

"No, come on please let's go and I’ll do anything you want please." I said pleading so he can be all better. Damn it, he's captain, I destroyed their captain!

"Hmm, anything?" He said smiling holding his nose. Crap.

We got to the hospital within ten minutes, I drove as fast as I can while Ian was holding up his head to keep the blood in.

"Hey slow down, it's not that bad." I felt him touch my hand.

"No we have to get it checked right away." I parked at the parking lot and we signed him up for the Emergency room.