Chapter Two : Befriending Her

Ian's Pov

Frozen, I didn't really say anything, until I heard her voice.

"What is it?" She asked me whispering. Even though it was a whisper, I could sense the calmness within her voice.

"Uhm, do you have an extra pen? I think I left mine at home. Mind if I borrow?" I asked her nicely. She nodded at me and I watched her as she look through her bag. 

"Here you go, you can keep it. Sorry, it's kind of girly." She said giving me a purple Hello Kitty pen with red and pink heart designs. She turned forward as I stared at the pen. Wow, it's so girly. I decided to tap her again and thank her. 

"Thanks for the pen; my name is Ian by the way." I said with a big smile.

"No problem. My name is Katherine, but you can call me Katie." She said in response with a half smile and she turned back to face the board scribbling some notes down.

I smiled to myself, and I realized....her eyes, the first thing I noticed in a girl. I've seen many girls out there but, her eyes are so different. The way she looked at me...I trailed off thinking about what just happened. Playing with the pen she gave me, I laughed quietly to myself, this is ridiculous. I guess she likes Hello Kitty stuff. Spinning the pen in between my index and middle finger, Mr. M was teaching a lesson about the vocabulary of polynomial functions, I swear I love math, but that's just booooring.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie's Pov

Why did I say that? No one calls me 'Katie' it's always Katherine. Ugh I should stop talking. All I could do was think about what happen and just scribble random stuff absently onto my notebook. I looked at the time, only fifteen minutes has passed. I started to sigh quietly hoping time would go faster.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian's Pov

We had about ten minutes left in class; and i noticed that Katie barely moved the whole time. Sitting behind her, it's hard to tell if she was asleep. I wonder if I should poke her to make sure she's okay. I gave her a little poke with the pen, she barely moved. I looked at the time again, and we had exactly five minutes left.

"Katie?" I said poking her one more time on her side. I learned that girls hate that but it's a good way to get their attention. I decided to try it again, but she didn't move at all, Mr. M was coming by to collect some homework; I didn't want her to get in trouble.

"Oh, fuck he's coming closer. Katie?!" I said again poking her once more, this time louder. She turned around rubbing her eyes like a little kid, I gotta admit, that was kind of... cute.

"What?" She asked in a sleepy voice. Mr. M came right on time to get her homework.

"Katherine where's your homework?" He asked demanding her to give it to him. When she did he looked through it in a few seconds and told her she did a great job at it.

She must be a really smart girl, especially in a subject that a lot of people hate. I'm impressed about that.  The bell rang for second period; we got up to gather our things. I wanted us to be classmates the whole day, she was the first one that was so nice to me anyway.

"Hey Katie, what's your next class?" I asked her hoping she'd say English, She's the only one I know so far in this school. I know i'll make new friends but I wouldn't mind sticking to one for now till he get used to things.