Chapter Sixteen : Give Me a Sign

Katie's POV

The next day, it was the same thing with yesterday. Only this time, Andrea came with flowers for Ian and I. During Andrea's visit, it's around lunch time, our families went home to eat, shower, and come back after a couple of hours.

Andrea sat beside me, none of us talked for about ten minutes. I was too busy watching Ian sleep, and I was too busy listening to his heart monitor. I looked at her to see she was fighting her tears.

"Andrea.. Thanks for being here." That was all I could say.

She hugged me real tight, I could barely breathe. She started crying and I didn't know what to do. This felt so awkward.

A month after Ian and I got together, she tried to break us up, and I was so jealous because she was prettier than me. Her long auburn hair, her hazelnut eyes, and she is the perfect height for Ian.

Because of her, Ian and I kept fighting, but after a couple of months. She apologized to me because Ian told her to, and she never spoke to him since, only when I’m around though. She pulled away and sat back down on the chair. I just stared at her.

"Katie, you are one lucky girl. I came here to tell you Ian's past. I don't know if he ever told you anything about his past, but I’d like to tell you what I know about him." She looked at me and held my hand that had a cast one, my left hand was holding Ian's right hand.

I looked back at her waiting for her to go on. She was staring at the floor as she talked. I heard her give out a small sigh.

"Ian Knight... Where to begin? Uhm.. I was classmates with Ian since his freshman year in high school. I was one grade higher than him so right now I’m an alumni. We were classmates for ceramics, and I have to tell you, he's really good." She looked away from me.

"One time he made a heart for me and that was when we started dating. But because I was a grade higher than him, he didn't know that he had the power to make any girl fall in love with him no matter what age." I don't know why she's telling me this but I want her to go on.

"Anyways.. that's all Ian ever did for me. Just that heart piece he gave me. We dated for a month or two, and that was it. He ended it, because he found another girl.

Then only lasted a couple of months with her too. Then there was another, and another, and another. All of us lasted only two months in Ian Knight's life. The way he got to those girls, he used his looks, but he is a good boy." She looked at me to make sure I was listening.

"Go on...” I said quietly.

"What I’m saying is, the reason why Ian only lasted a couple of months with all of us, is because he wasn't in love. With me, he was being so sweet, so of course I fell in love with him right away. But, once he ended it I knew it was coming, so I broke the heart he gave me and I did my best to erase him completely. By his junior year, he stopped dating girls, or there was a date or two but didn't last. They were not what he was looking for." She stopped again and started crying a little.

"Ian has been with you for over seven months, you are his longest. Even if he is your first, Katie... He's in LOVE with you. I'm so sorry for trying to break you guys up, I was selfish, I was jealous. But when you guys got to your third month, I knew then... Ian Knight was finally in love."

She wiped her tears and tried to speak clearly. " I was here to visit my cousin, Jen, but they made me live here so I can get a decent job and go to a college next school year instead cause I was late." I didn't say a word. All I did was listen to her. She started talking again.

"Ian has never taken a girl out on fancy dinner dates; Ian has never sung a song to any girl before. Ian has done things with you he never did with other girls. He's not a drinker, he's not a smoker, and he's still a virgin. Katie Taylor, Ian Knight has fallen in love with you and I bet you didn't even know it." I actually did...