{82} - The Hitman

BABIES!! I'm so so sorry for taking so goddamn long to update! My Easter vacations turned out to be so damn hectic I didn't have the time to update the story, and since I'm studying Medicine I had a LOT of work to do to finish this semester! But here I am! Enjoy! This chapter is dedicated to hurtinbitch, thank you for the spam of votes!

Ben Hardy once heard someone say that a woman will never look more beautiful than she does on her wedding day. He couldn't remember who had exactly said that, but he surely would love to have a talk with them now, because Belle Taylor was now walking toward him in her everyday uniform looking just as gorgeous as she did when she walked down the aisle. She was on her full smiley mode as she strolled across the hallway, looking like an angel as she gave slight nods and cheery replies to the doctors, nurses and fellow interns who congratulated her on her wedding or just wished her a good morning. She looked beautiful and it made the Chief Psychiatrist was happy.

"Ben!", Belle chirped with utmost delight as soon as she saw her boss, hugging him. Ben had earned such a dear place in her heart after everything that had happened in Brighton, not even Roger's jealousy could take that away from Ben.

"Good morning Belle, good to see you again," Ben smiled, embracing Belle tightly before leading her to his office. It really, really felt good to see her again. Putting aside all of Ben's feelings, Belle was a huge breath of fresh air at the hospital — she was joyful, thoughtful, very willing to learn even though that was the only reason why she was there. She simply made the hospital a better workplace. "How was your honeymoon?", he asked as they both entered his office.

"It was great," Belle nodded, looking at Ben with a special spark in her eyes. It must be nice to be married your soulmate, he thought. "We had the time of our lives even if the honeymoon was cut short."

"Yeah, sorry about that," Ben shrugged, sitting on his chair with a loud sigh. "You know that if it was up to me I would have given you all the time in the world. But this is a public hospital, and you know, the more an hospital is funded by the government, the stricter they are about vacation days."

"Yeah, it's fine, I knew I was losing a week when I stayed in Brighton anyways," Belle chuckled. "And even if it was my honeymoon I kept daydreaming about being with Alice again."

"Cute," Ben giggled.. "Did she stay with Rami?".

"Yeah, she stayed with Rami."

"Nice."

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something. Have you.. talked with Gwilym about what happened at his party?", Belle murmured and Ben leaned in closer to hear her.

"No," Ben shook his head, licking his lips nervously as he wondered if Belle would find that alarming or relieving.

"What?", Belle's face went blank, almost as if she was afraid of what she had just heard. "How come you have forgotten about the magnitude of what happened, Ben?".

"I haven't forgotten about the magnitude of what happened, Belle," Ben got instantly annoyed. "I've been incredibly busy these past days to waste my time on things that aren't related to work," Ben took a folder in his hands and opened it in front of Belle, giving his sentence a unnecessary unpleasant emphasis. "Two hundred and ten patients, do you see how many people I have to deal with?", Ben pointed his finger at the amount of patients written on top.

Belle looked at the list, only to find out something she wasn't expecting to see.

There weren't 210 patients anymore.

The number had lowered to 209 now.

"B-Ben," Belle frowned, taking a closer look at list. "We don't have 210 patients anymore."