{8} - I Go Crazy

I can't believe I'm updating this from the hospital lol, but writing somehow relaxes me, especially when I don't have Wi-Fi :(

"Brian. It happened. I talked to Roger", Belle told her best friend as she rested her head on her right hand. "It was frightening but it ended up being amazing".

"That's definitely unexpected news", Brian said. "How was it? How did you end up there?".

"Remember when I told you that my teachers would send us to interview a company CEO and its employees to see the way mental health was handled? My teacher picked Taylor Enterprises for me".

"Really?, I think you asked her to send you there", Brian let out a lighthearted laugh as a sign of disbelief.

"No, I really didn't. You can ask any of my classmates about it. We didn't have the chance to choose the company ourselves", Belle affirmed.

"I was just kidding", Brian said before taking a bite from his apple. "But I am really curious as to what happened, please tell me".

"Well, I obviously conducted the interview, but after that, he asked me to stay", Belle let out a deep sigh and smiled. "It was fantastic, really. I go crazy just thinking about it. Even If I didn't like him, knowing that someone wants to continue talking to you is rewarding".

"And what did you two talk about? Arranging extramarital meetings?".

Belle shook her head in denial and felt slight embarrassment.

"Oh my God, Brian, no. Never. I would never allow that to happen, no matter what. My parents are divorced, and it's bad for the children and for the couple themselves, and I would never contribute to that".

"Again, I was just kidding. But still, tell me what you guys talked about".

"He asked me about how my father was, after what happened that night in Paris. He told me about his children and wife, who has to be the luckiest person ever. It was quite heartbreaking, but I am still very glad he is living happily. I will never forget what happened today, it was a one-on-one talk and it felt so pretty".

"I assume you two were alone in his office. That's the dream scenario, Belle", Brian said with a teasing smile, Belle blushed.

"Good evening, guys", a male voice was heard coming from the living room area. It was John, who had just arrived home.

"Hi, John", Belle and Brian greeted.

"Am I interrupting anything guys?", John asked, a bottle of water hanging from his hand.

"No", Brian responded. "We were talking about random stuff, so it's fine".

"Okay, I guess you two haven't heard about the fantastic news", John said as he sat in the third chair of Belle and Brian's table.

"Tell us about it", Brian said.

"It's going to be snowing tomorrow morning, so college and work are going to be delayed until at least 4 P.M", John said with awkward enthusiasm.

"Is that "fantastic news"?, Brian jokingly asked. "I guess it would be a whole lot better if they just cancelled everything".

"Well, those are indeed fantastic news for me", Belle said. "I have to go to Taylor Enterprises' headquarters tomorrow to interview some employees".

"And why does that fill you with such excitement, Belle?", John asked suspiciously.

"Because Belle has tons of friends who work there", Brian answered.

John stood up from his chair and grabbed his backpack. "Alright guys, so you already know the way things are going to work tomorrow. I'll go to sleep now. Take care you two".