"Sorry, maybe that's too far?" Jungkook picks at his nails, "It's just... I always wanted another brother, and a sister."

Namjoon laughs softly and ruffles Jungkook's hair, "Don't worry, you're going to see us so much, we might as well be blood related."

Jungkook suddenly asks, "What's it like.... having parents?"

Namjoon blinks, you had told him about the issue of no parents, but he still wasn't prepared for these types of questions. What if he says the wrong thing?

He swallows, "Well, it's like you having Hoseok," a loud snore rings through the room from said man, "But you have two instead of just one... and one is a woman..."

Jungkook slowly nods his head, "Is it nice?"

Namjoon mocks Jungkook's head movement, "Yes, but sometimes parents can be annoying, bossing you around all the time, gets on your nerves every now and then."

"Do you think," Jungkook picks at his nails, "I'll ever meet my parents?"

"Do you want to?"

Jungkook says a weak confirmation.

"What would you do if you ever met them?"

Jungkook swallows hard, "Ask them why they left me..."

Namjoon bites his tongue, 'Dammit Namjoon, change the subject!'

"H-Hey," He clears his throat and the younger looks solemnly at him, "W-We're your family now. You don't have to worry about those things—"

"But shouldn't I? I mean they are my actual family. Shouldn't I be worried about what I did to make them not want me?"

"Family isn't just who you share blood ties with," Namjoon whispers, "Sometimes... sometimes family is just the people who love you really much. Who'd do anything for you, who'd rather have themselves die in order to make sure you're safe..."

Jungkook sniffs and nods his head, a soft 'ok', before another attack of coughs. Namjoon softly pats his back and Jungkook finally pulls himself together before laying his head on Namjoon's shoulder. Namjoon looks down at him before giving him a tight hug, an older brother... is he ready to be that to someone?

He wasn't convinced until he looked back down to see the boy sound asleep in his arms, the comfort of his semi-pounding heart somehow lulled Jungkook to sleep.

Namjoon smiles softly and gently lays Jungkook down. He stands up fully and looks at Hoseok, he had shifted to an even more awkward position, but he was still snoring away.

Namjoon goes back to his chair and checks his phone, he had missed a call from Yoongi. He grabs his phone and walks out of the room.

The phone is answered immediately, "Joon?! Dammit, I've tried calling you ten times!"

"I'm sorry, I was helping someone." Namjoon says confused, "Why do you sound panicky?"

"I think Y/N is in danger. I was told by my friend that some.... some dude is trying to put a hit on her."

"Yoongi, are you drunk?"

"No! I'm being serious!" Yoongi shouts, "Listen to me, she's not safe. You have to make sure she's protected at all times!"

"How can I tell you're being serious?" Namjoon questions, "For all I know, you're trying to get a crack outta me."

"I swear to God, Namjoon. You're a brilliant son of a bitch, but right now you're dumb as a brick!"