Chapter 5

Namjoon sits alone at lunch once more. You were nowhere to be found and depression hits Namjoon like a truck on the highway. He's seen you around the school, so you're here today, he saw you in class, but you aren't there with him.

Namjoon doesn't even feel like eating his lunch anymore, staring at his food with disinterest. There wasn't anyone left in the lunch line, everyone has already gotten their food and chosen their seats, far... far away from him.

"Just like it's supposed to be..." Namjoon doesn't even care about the tears building up or how pitiful his voice sounds, "It was always meant to be this way... there wasn't any other way around it, Joon. You're going to push everyone away, like always..."

Namjoon feels a buzz in his pocket and he takes his phone out, his heart skips a beat and he can't help but smile even though he's sad.

Min Yoongi: Hey, Joon. How're you holding up? It's been awhile.

'Yoongi...' Namjoon's only friend, the one that moved away when he needed him most, but Namjoon doesn't blame him. He can't, Yoongi had no choice but to move, and Namjoon believes it's all his own fault.

Kim Namjoon: I've been better, I've missed you man. School isn't the same without your crazy ass.

Min Yoongi: It isn't the same without your dumbass either 😂 How is the old prison?

Kim Namjoon: Same fake people, same teachers, same life without you...

Kim Namjoon: There is a new girl though

Min Yoongi: Oh? You gonna go after her, Joonie?

Kim Namjoon: I couldn't get her even if I tried... she's mad at me anyways...

Min Yoongi: How come?

Kim Namjoon: It's a long story, I'll explain it when I get home.

Min Yoongi: Alright, I don't have to go in for work until about two hours after school ends, we can call then?

Kim Namjoon: For sure, we have a lot of catching up to do.

Namjoon turns off his phone and dries his eyes, Namjoon hugs himself and sighs.

"Lonely again..."

"Why are you lonely?" Namjoon practically leaps out of his chair and lands hard on his back. He groans as he props himself on his arms to see you staring at him with an amused look, "I knew I was scary, but not that scary."

Namjoon's tongue fumbles over words and he can't properly form a sentence. After three minutes of 'where's, when's, how's, and why's' you pressed a finger to your lips and his mouth closed in an instant.

"Where was I? Well, I was finishing up a test in my last class. When did I get here? A few minutes after you began staring at your crotch and smiling. How did I get here and you not notice? Well, you aren't the most attentive person. Why am I here? How many times do I have to tell you? I sit where I wanna sit." You smile as Namjoon slowly claims his seat again and rubs his back, "Who were you talking to that made you all giddy?"

Namjoon brightens up a bit, "My best friend, Min Yoongi!"

You tilt your head and a playful smile spreads wider, "I thought I was your best friend?"

Namjoon's mouth hangs open slightly, "F-Friend?"

"You still don't want to be friends with me...?" Namjoon quickly shakes his hands in front of him and his eyes widen.

"I-I-I didn't say that! I-I didn't say that at all!" Namjoon defends and you raise your brow, "I just— I never really— No one ever wants to be my friend... s-so I don't know when people are actually trying to... or if it's just all a joke..."