Chapter 3

You joining Namjoon for lunch has become a usual thing for the past couple of weeks, he would always protest and tell you to sit with others, but you always refused. You don't understand why he wants you to be with others instead of him, everyone else at this school that you know would always want you to stay with them and go nowhere else... Why was he so different?

You haven't really made any friends, the only person you actually try being friends with wants you to have nothing to do with him. You couldn't place a finger on how Namjoon is, he's clearly shy, he's intelligent, he's a bullying victim, and he doesn't want you getting hurt because of him. What would you call someone like that?

"Hey, dummy." You say as you place your lunch in front of Namjoon, who's staring off into space as he eats his sandwich, his eyes land right at the edge of the table where you sit in front of. You wave your hand in front of his face and he slowly comes back to reality.

"Hello," You flash a smile and Namjoon's face turns a slight shade of pink and he waves back.

"H-Hi." Namjoon clears his throat as he looks at you, "What are you doing here?"

"I told you, I have a right to sit wherever I want. I choose to sit here, with you." You say as you bring a peach to your lips and you take a big bite, you catch the juice dripping down your chin and wipe your mouth with a napkin, "How's your day been, dummy?"

Namjoon raises a brow at the nickname he doesn't like, "Same as usual, Shik making my life living hell, I got perfect scores on my tests, the librarian has my first and last name memorized already, and I've been working on my music."

"When are you going to write me a song?" You tease as you take another bite of your peach, "I'd love to listen to your music one day."

Namjoon smiles a bit and shakes his head, "I don't think you'll be interested in it."

"What? I like all kinds of music, why wouldn't I like yours?"

Namjoon stays silent as he takes a bite of his sandwich, he resorts to staring back off into space, this time he's staring at your arm. You sigh, slightly frustrated that the boy won't even try to be friends with you. What was so wrong with you? Why doesn't he want to be friends with you?

You frown slightly as you take another bite of your peach, your shoulders slump and your usual cheerful aura completely changes. Namjoon can feel the atmosphere shifting and it doesn't settle right with him, he looks up to you and sees the saddened look in your eyes, the way you don't seem to care as the juice from your peach runs down your wrist.

Namjoon sighs through his nose and pulls out a napkin and carefully rubs your arm clean. You stare at the gentle action and look at Namjoon curiously. Namjoon crumples the napkin up in his hand and he looks at you.

"So.... what kind of song would you like to have?"

~*~

Your next class period was one you didn't have with Namjoon at all, it was the class you dreaded the most, mainly because you felt so alone, despite the constant attention you receive from others. They don't talk at you, though, they talk about you. Most of the comments you don't care if they're said, talking about how you look, how nice you seem, and things of the like. But there are some things that are said that makes your blood come to a high boil, and it takes everything in your being to try to at least bring it to a simmer.

"Alright class, break out your textbooks, turn to page 58, and let's dive in to what we have to learn today." Your bubbly teacher says as she begins to set her computer up for your slideshow of notes, you reluctantly turn your textbook to the proper page and stare at the screen, dozing off into your daydreams.