25 • Bella

"So what kind of dogs do you have here?" I asked the guy as we followed him to the back. "What kind of dog is the hardest to get a home for?"

"The pitbulls are pretty hard but usually still find a place but it's mostly the older dogs or special needs dogs." He explained and I nodded while I looked at all the cages. "The red tags can't be placed with other dogs, orange have behavioral issues, blue special needs and green don't have known issues."

"What's yellow?" Ashton asked as he stopped at a cage.

"That means they have less than a week." He replied and Ashton looked at him. "I wish it wasn't this way but there are too many dogs and we already give them a very long time but can't give them forever."

"I get it." He said as he kneeled down and put his hand against the fence. She stayed in the back and just looked the other way. "How many yellow tags are there?" Ash asked as he kept his eyes on the dog.

"Just this one. She was found on the street and is terrified of humans. Goes well with other dogs but not so well with humans."

"How old is she?" I asked as I kneeled down beside Ashton. She looked at me but she didn't move.

"3-4 months old. Still a young one so we didn't expect her to stay this long." He said with a sigh.

"Is she up for fostering too or just adoption?" I asked and Ashton looked at me

"Just adoption but she'll be a handfull." he said with a sigh as if he didn't want us to take her.

"Can we have a second?" I asked him and he nodded before going back to the front desk. "Let's take her."

"I thought you would only do a foster dog." Ashton said as he kept his eyes on me.

"She has two days left." I said as I looked at her file. She didn't even have a name. "We can give her a shot, adopt her and if we feel like two dogs gets too much, we can rehome her when she's better." I said as I looked at her, she was so scared but she looked at me with her big puppy eyes. "Piper is in the car so if we get Piper and they get along, I want to go for it."

"I thought I would be the one trying to convince you." He said before hugging me thightly to which the pup reacted by barking. "She can join Piper at our bedroom door." He said with a chuckle before getting up. "I'll go ask the guy." He left and I looked at the pup who got up and took two steps towards me.

"Hey little one, we're going to save you." I said softly as I held my hand against the fence. She took one more step forward but went back again immediately when the guy came back.

"Your boyfriend went to get your dog, I got a leash for thisone so I'll take her out." He said as he looked at the papers shortly before opening the cage but she was so scared. "She has never bitten anyone but she's just terrified."

I nodded slowly as I moved back and she started barking loudly at him when he went near her to take her.

Oh she's going to be a handfull.

He put on the leash and took her out of the cage before letting her just pull to the door.

"You want to take her?" He asked me and I nodded before taking over the leash, I tried my best getting her to where Ashton was standing with Piper and Piper was already wagging her tail like an idiot.

I tried not to have any pressure on the leash as Piper went to introduce herself gently. And it went well. The pup had her tail between her legs and looked so submissive but Piper laid down infront of her, so she wouldn't look like a threath.

"You've got a nice dog." The owner said as he watched from behind the desk.

"She's the most awesome dog ever." Ashton said with a smile as he looked at the dogs. He looked at me and nodded, I smiled widely and looked at the guy.