What A Clown

Reader's POV:

When I awoke, I noticed that Jeff seemed to be already up. I let myself ponder just what exactly happened and just how out-of-character it really was for him. Of course, the small thoughts in my head were happily rejoicing at the fact that my screw-up on his whole heart thing might have actually worked. I quickly shook those thoughts away, there's no way, not so soon anyways. He's getting better but I still felt the need to keep my guard up in case he randomly wanted to slice me open. Swinging my legs over the bed I knew there were more important things that needed to be done. I grabbed my sketchbook and ripped a page out, fully intending on making a list. First things first I need to go visit a few of the other residents and see if I can upgrade them. Just as I was checking on the people I knew lived here a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in!" I yelled, not looking up from my paper. I heard the door open slightly,

"Miss (Y/n) Mr. Slenderman would like to see you in his office, we seem to have a special visitor he wants you to meet."

I looked up then to see it was Masky, I chuckled at bit, of course it was, he was usually the messenger boy. I stuffed my list in one of my pant pockets and followed him to the big oak doors I was beginning to get very familiar with. After two soft knocks he beckoned us to come in and I was almost taken aback by the very tall figure standing near Slenderman's desk. Mentally taking notes, I noticed while yes he (was it even a he?) was tall it wasn't as tall as Slenderman. The outfit it wore was almost child-like as well almost like... it was made to entertain them. I sat down in the chair farthest from this new person and waited for at least the polite introductions. Slenderman cleared his throat and motioned to it.

"Miss (Y/n) I would like to introduce you to Laughing Jack."

"Ah yes, hello it's nice to meet you, as you may have heard I'm (Y/n)."

It looked me up and down and frowned to Slenderman.

"My my so this is the one he's after huh? Sketchbook powers correct? Fascinating. Anyways hello darling pleasure to meet you as well. Now Slender may we discuss the details of out ahem arrangement now?"

By this time I was floored from any previous thought. So it was a guy! As they were talking I took this time to really try and get a good look at this 'Laughing Jack' guy. His hair was almost as black as Jeff's but clearly not as long almost like a medium choppy length. On his nose, or at least where it was supposed to be was a small cone with black and white stripes. A former clown maybe? Moving on I noticed his shoulder had some feathers on them, and quite a bit too. Black ones on the top with white ones framing the bottom on each shoulder. Interesting he seemed to like the whole monochrome thing. Moving on both his arms and legs had these (of course) black and white sleeves and could those be considered tights or no? My eyes stopped at his hands that had sharp claws at the end of them and before I could stop myself I got up and picked one up, and idea coming to my head instantly.

"Oh pardon me darling but what in the world are you doing with my hand?" I heard him ask, the room growing quiet. Still looking at his claws I asked, "Are these retractable?"

"No I don't believe so."

The idea grew.

"But they can be."

Just as I opened the oak door a black tendril gently grabbed my waist.

"(Y/n) I appreciate your enthusiasm but it's very impolite to just grab someone's hand and interrupt a conversation."

"Forgive me it seems I'm becoming more in tune to what people need these days."

I felt his tendril slowly let me go and I again apologized, I didn't really notice all the eyes on me.