Blush

(A/n: wow an update less a month after the first one, I think I'm sick. Also TRIGGER WARNING for themes such as: depressing thoughts and implied cutting, this is rated mature for a reason folks.)

Reader's POV:

I rolled on the ground to dodge an incoming tendril and basically my whole morning was that way. With Zalgo slowly advancing Mr. Slenderman took it upon himself to train me. Mostly building up my stamina and blocking. There were bruises all up and down my body, even with the colder weather I was still a sweating mess afterwards. I had to practically ring out my long sleeves of the sweat, disgusting. I was flung backwards as I got distracted and struggled to pull myself up, every morning since Serena's slumber he's been doing this. While I don't see if I've gotten better I've noticed he usually goes faster and faster as the morning drags on. I was breathing heavily as I got up and wiped the sweat off my brow, getting into a defensive stance. I quickly ducked as he attacked again and used my forearms to block and throw off the others. I jumped as one tried to swipe at me from below but was flung back down once it swiped and wrapped around my ankle, literally throwing me feet away. I skidded to a stop and my back hit the harsh bark of a tree. Dammit! I used that as leverage to ease myself up and spit the blood out of my mouth. Readying my stance, I noticed he was walking away.

"I'm not done yet! Get back here!" I called out to him.

His blank face turned slightly and my whole body felt like an electric shock went through.

"One part of fighting well is learning when you're at your limit. And you are obviously at yours, go to Masky he'll patch you up."

I glared at the ground and made my way to look for Masky, running into Jeff in the process.

"You look like shit." He said, pointing out the obvious.

"Gee thanks sherlock, wonder how you could ever come up with that one." I knew I was being an ass but I was in pain and still no closer to waking up Serena. In short, I was in a pissy mood. But Jeff rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders not at all bother by my mood.

"Not my fault you suck, you wailing out in pain is starting to give me a headache."

"Well excuse me for ruining your fucking day! Since I give you such a headache then maybe don't watch me do it every morning!" I yelled at him, my anger slowly getting the best of me.

"Tch. Someone's gotta make sure you don't get seriously hurt and Slender damn sure isn't gonna do it." He glared at me and I felt my anger dissipate and my face heat up.

"I-I didn't ask you to!"

He chuckled at me and grabbed my face in his hand, turning it to look at the damage from this morning.

"You're a fragile thing, dollface. Now come on, I'll take ya' to Masky." He let go of my face and started to walk down the hall.

"Dollface...?" I whispered to myself, confused at the sudden nickname. But dismissed it as I quietly followed him.

-o-

Finding Masky wasn't a problem and within the next hour I was sitting in a room with my sketchbook wide open. Since the major upgrade to BEN I wanted to try and do it to everyone, but even I knew that I'd probably end up screwing one over in the end of it. I thought of what to do, heck what to draw but I couldn't think of anything. I sighed as I closed my book and just walked. Unconsciously I walked towards the infirmary and caught sight of Serena. She looked so frail and sickly lying there. I leaned against the doorframe and looked at her breathing, it really was the only indicator that she was alive.