Tears of Acid

(A/N: Reminder that the little -o- is to indicate a scene change. Also please enjoy this longer chapter.)

Reader's POV:

With some papers in hand I made my way to Mr. Slenderman's office. For about a week now he assigned me to keep notes of both my training and Jeff's progress. It seems he's not the only one who's noticed that Jeff has finally calmed down. It's really been only a few days since his declare of friendship towards me and it's made me happier. Of course, I'd never admit that to myself however the practically constant teasing of the other creepypasta made it hard to ignore. With me doing all this running around it helped for me to get to know a few of the faces that occupied the mansion. First there was Masky who I was already familiar with, he always seemed to carry a small scent of cheesecake with him and despite his timid actions I knew he could probably kick some ass. I liked the way he got his work done with both the utmost perfection and the grace I could only hope to dream of. He was one of the more tame in the house and it seems Serena was having more and more playdates with him as time goes on. I smiled to myself at the memory of Sally, him and Serena sitting at a small table drinking imaginary tea. Then there was Hoodie, who seemed to keep to himself a lot. He hung out with BEN near a computer at almost all the times I've seen him, the others were in passing. He didn't talk much, unless you were Masky and BEN and of course Mr. Slenderman. I didn't know much about him but he reminded me a lot of how I acted in school, or of a loner persona. Either worked. I shook my head of my musing and finally noticed I was at the big oak doors, knocking first I announced it was me then let myself in. As usual he sat in his chair reading some documents and please don't ask me how he does it. I made a mental note to give him some sort of eyes in the near future and began to summarize my reports er... notes.

"Regarding my training, it's going smoothly and I've been giving some very small upgrades to everyone at the house like you asked. No blackouts as of lately and no dreams of that evil dude you told me about." He raised his head a bit at the last part and yet I really couldn't tell if he was giving me a look or not. "Anyways, that's really it there but with Jeff he's doing good. I took the jacket off of him like you asked and so far, there hasn't been any attacks. He seems to fidget a bit more but that's about all the news on him. I think he's pretty much ready to be let out of that dingy room."

"Dingy? I designed that room myself young lady and I was going for more... a relaxing vibe." Mr. Slender slightly scolded me, "But I have to agree with you. I'll have a talk with him later today about his release and I'm upping your training since most likely you won't have feeding duties. So-Don't you make that face at me- so I believe you're getting comfortable with it and as BEN would say I'm going to up the difficulty."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes so I kept a deadpan face and waited till he dismissed me with the wave of his hand. With the rest of the day to myself I went to bother my sister.

-o-

I found her in the kitchen with Masky and Ticci Toby. Ticci Toby was an odd one, he was usually upbeat and just generally happy but once in a while that happiness turned to anger or some other emotion really quick. I was a bit weary of him being around Serena but as of right now it looked like he was all smiles and rainbows. Like the others, I only knew what I saw of him and he was one of the members I gave a small upgrade too. To me it wasn't anything special just one day I noticed he walked up to me, twitching more than normally, and asked if I could tone it down a bit. My eyes tore away from him when a cheerful voice greeted me and ran to hug me. I patted her head as she wrapped her arms at my waist and waved to the boys. Both me and Serena sat back down and I couldn't help but notice the smudging of sweets around her mouth.

"Off duties for t-today?" Toby asked me, the slight jerk of his body as he ticked usually made him stutter or at least develop one but that didn't put a damper on the conversation.