Chapter 49

**Vic's P.O.V.**

Me and Kellin had yet to leave California before something had to happen. I had to get gas, it was on empty and I doubt if I could get to Utah on empty. I pulled off towards a service station. I was going to get supplies anyway, I needed things to keep me awake.

I went inside and headed to the back. Scanning the shelves for corn nuts, cookies, chips, things with sugar. I went to the drinks now, taking out 2 Monsters and 1 Full Throttle. I got Kellin a bag of Doritos and a Monster, the green one was his favorite.

I took all the things to the counter and got out my wallet. The clerk ran the things up and I looked in my wallet for the money.

"That'll be $12.92." He told me 8 opened it and then he gasped. "Vic?" I looked up at the guy and he seemed familiar.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"Justin." He motioned to himself. Then I remembered him, he had long hair back in high school though.

"Hey." I said unimpressed. I was still mad at this dip shit for punching me. I still didn't get my revenge.

"How's it been going?" I handed him a $100.

"Good. I need gas. $60 where that black Buick is." I pointed to it to hurry things along.

"Wow, you must be doing really good with your life." He was taking his precious little time. "I always thought you'd be nothing." He teased.

"Yeah, well I'm a rockstar and you're a store clerk. Now hurry up." I practically snarled at him.

"Still high tempered I see." He made the transaction and handed me my change. "Have a nice day." He told me.

"Yeah, fuck you too." I was about to leave when he stopped me.

"Is that Kellin?" I turned to see him laying over the counter. "What did you do to him?" He asked.

"None of your fucking business." I shouted.

"It is my business. He's been missing for a year." He scowled.

"He hasn't been missing." I denied.

"He has. Everyone was asking about him and you too." He said, leaning away from the counter.

"Well everyone needs to mind their own business and shut the fuck up." I yelled at him.

"Why don't you just leave?" He asked.

"Why don't you shut up and make me?" He smirked and went to the counter opening.

"Is that a offer? Just like high school then, huh?" He started to walk towards me.

"Just so you know, Kellin can't help you this time." I smiled an evil, wicked smile and his faded. He looked out at the car and then to me.

"Just leave." He said and returned back to the counter.

I did a smug grin that showed on the store's monitor. I opened the door and left to get to the car. I put my things in and started to fuel my car. I saw Justin watching through the window.

I turned to avoid seeing him and pumped the gas. I watched the numbers climb up. I smelled the gas, it seemed to be leaking somewhere, but I didn't pay any attention to it. Finally, it finished and I closed the top, and put the pump up. I got in the car and someone pulled up right behind me.

He got out the car running, he had a black jacket on and his hood covered his face. I put the car in drive, but waited to see what was going on. When I heard it was when I didn't want to stay any longer.