106- 'Always In Her Heart'

This chapter is based on what happened to Rashi, Juhi and Jai.

Started Typing On - 08/04/2019

Chapter 106- 'Always In Her Heart'

~

Jaanvi's Pov: (This isn't the last chapter, there's one more left which I've already published.)

"Your family gave a bed nah Aditi?" I ask her with this sister-in-law aura and not the best friend one. I wanted to smile so badly so I turned to the side a little and masked a serious expression before the smile slipped into anyone's eyes. The already nervous, like extremely nervous Aditi was shifting in her seat and shook her head. "Oh. The old bed is fine nah?" Ma and dad look at me and Aditi back and forth to understand what I meant.

I felt Kiaan's hand on knee under the table in order to shut me up but I push his hand away and continued with my inspection. He wasn't even sitting on the table that day and listened for around ten minutes how teasingly and satisfyingly his brother described about the hinted traffic noise. I had to sit on this same chair I'm sitting on right now trying not to go all red in embarrassment.

It's my time to pull his leg. He started and if you start something, you have to end it. And I'm doing just that.    

"What do you mean Jaanvi?" Ma asks buttering the bread. I look at Dhruv who looked like he saw his ex's ghost sitting in front of him with a knife around his bride. His face paled and he almost looked like he was getting suffocated. The colour of his face drained, oh, it was indeed a beautiful sight to watch. I don't get to see this Dhruv very often. Yes! The food inside his mouth wasn't getting chewed up now, instead it looked as if his jaw and teeth were all frozen up together at once.

He shakes his head at me warning me not to talk further on. His eyes begging me shut up. I was sitting opposite him so he lightly kicks on my foot to gain my full attention. His eyes narrow, not in a negative way but rather pleading. The helpless look on his face was sending me to La-la Land.

A hand rested lightly on my lap. I could feel his warm fingers pressing into my skin, making me all hyperaware that he's touching me, strangely even being in such a teasing mood I feel my voice backing away inside my throat. I glance down at Kiaan's hand and just watch for a moment, thinking what I should do or how I should react.

I place my hand on Kiaan's and look at him. By the time I finish trying to compose myself he passes me a stern look and mouths 'stop,' I ignore him and take Ishaan from his arm. "I can han--" yeah, you can handle because if I put Ishaan on my lap you can't intimidate me to shut my mouth.

I don't let him finish, "it's ok, and you should eat. I'll hold him." His mouth was undoubtedly aching to respond to me but he just gives me a cult nod to drop the issue in front of his parents. I look away from him just before he gives -I'm-watching-you-look- and I just shrug.

So, where was I? "I couldn't sleep last night." I remember and say it with a fake yawn. I hold Ishaan with my one hand wrapped around his back firmly and the other hand holding a spoon with some water on it. I brought it to Ishaan's mouth and he gazed at the spoon before opening his mouth, before he could taste it Aditi jumps up from her seat and Dhruv starts choking on his food. I cover my laugh by putting my head on Ishaan's warm head. Tit for tat Dhruv. "Wow Aditi, as soon as he started choking you stood up. What a connection, right Kiaan?" I glance at my right to see Kiaan trying to get a hold of Ishaan from my hand. "We've known each other for so long but I don't have such a strong connection with each other." I mutter, the grin on the corner of my lips not letting go.

"Leave them alone, stubborn cat. He's my brother." He hisses in my ear, his lip slightly brush in mine and I just give up by handing Ishaan over to him. I need to be tougher than this.