79-Flipping Kiaan

Started Typing On - 17/03/2019

Chapter 79-Flipping Kiaan

~

Author's Pov:

On the seventh day-evening, more like night since it was past seven, Jaanvi sat on balcony gazing at the sky. In just a few weeks, her life had changed. From normal, to sour and bitter, than emotional and loved. And now she felt like it'll repeat in a cycle. She clutched on her phone, debating whether to call Aditi back or not.

Never once did Jaanvi hang up on Aditi. If she ever did she'll always call back to apologise for the argument they had or just check on her, see if everything was fine. Because of her husband's prank war she was embarrassed, really ashamed on how she'll explain herself to her.

From her shaky, worried fingers she pressed on her name, it hadn't even ringed when she cancelled the outgoing call. I can't. She put her phone faced down on the small wooden table sitting on the balcony, just sighing as she breathed in the fresh cold air.

"I don't know how to speak to her flower." She glanced at the purple flower sitting in the corner of the balcony, gifted by Nidhi to Kiaan. "I think you'll die when we leave." She whispered lowly to herself as if she didn't want the flower to hear it. They were leaving on Saturday night, reaching India on Sunday early morning. They weren't coming back-she thought. How will water it?

She stood up from her chair, ready to exist the balcony to get a glass of water to water the flower when her phone rang. She bent down to hold it into her hand but paused, her body tensing at her father's name popping up on the screen.

Am I prepared to talk to him? Probably not, but she answers the FaceTime with a smile. Sitting back on her chair, her smile widens seeing her Hero had worn a sweater which she gifted him few years back. He wrote 'To The Hero,' on it, with blank ink.

He purposely brought the camera closer to the chest part of the sweater so she could see what he wore. Drama king. She thought, rolling her eyes at him. "Hi Dost." (Friend) she chirped. "It's hot in India, take it off. Don't worry, I'm not angry anymore."

"Jaave." He pouted, embarrassed on getting caught by his daughter. He was trying to butter his angry daughter. He shook his head, shaking his free hand indicating 'No.'

"Oh please. I know you wore it so my anger would die down." She muttered in a matter-of-fact tone, couldn't help but roll her eyes at her father.

Her father looked around Jaanvi through the screen, trying to find Kiaan somewhere near. He was still worried about them. Do they still fight like before? Noticing who he was trying to find she informed him boringly, "He's in the shower."

Ansh's face turned into an understanding 'O,' nodding as he looked around his room, not making eye contact with Jaanvi.

"What did you do now?" She asked. Knowing his behaviours of by heart. Whenever he didn't make eye contact she knew something was up with him.

"C-chf--" He tried to say 'chef.' Jaanvi gave him a puzzled look, standing up from her chair walking inside the living room since it was getting cold. She closed the slide door, yawning a little walking slowly when she said,

"What chef?"

Her father pointed at her. "Oh yes." She face palmed herself. "-I forgot to inform him papa. But Kiaan told Rashi about it."

Ansh narrowed his eyes at first. He did? He respected Kiaan. For how independent and respectful guy he is for his age. Even though he lived outside of India for ten years he still took a lot of interest in the Indian culture, never once did he disrespect anyone or their view points. He didn't want to question his son-in-law. Ansh feared that Kiaan might take it in a wrong way and may lash out on Jaanvi. Though he knew Kiaan isn't like that but it doesn't take too long for relationship and people to change within seconds.