59- The 'I' Game

Around 22-27 chapters left for this book to end :(

Started Typing On - 19/02/2019

Chapter 59- The 'I' Game

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

"How is buying her two new dresses going to help you win her trust back?" Kiaan asked, eyeing the black and red dress in my hand. You know that face you make after eating something disgusting or tasteless? That was my husband's reaction to the dresses I held.

I scoffed, pushing the dresses in his hand. Well, he wasn't helping me any way possible so you could at least hold the clothes.

My fingers shuffled the clothes hangers around, trying to find the right top or dress for Rashi. It funny how I'm having to think twice before deciding whether I should get her something or not? Our twenty-fours of close relationship has changes so fast. It's like I don't know her. Or the person she has become, or maybe she was always like that but I was too blind to see it.

Yes, she hasn't murdered someone or something but the way she spoke to Aditi. It still annoys me. Growing up I've had trust issues, I still do, that was one of the reasons why I had less friends. I wasn't the type of girl you'd see at every birthday party or parties in general and Rashi knew that. She knew how important Adi is to me, yet she lashed out on Aditi for something she hasn't done. How is it my best friends fault that Dhruv likes her instead of my cousin, Rashi?

"How is wasting your money on three pairs of shoes called, style?" I asked, picking a red top with white dots on it. This will match Rashi's white and red strawberry shorts.

"They are new. New on stores." He informed me with such an excited and high pitch voice. He sounded like a dead bird, if that's a thing?

"Still have the same Nike tick, still black and white. Still have a solid grip, what's unique?" I taunted, walking over to a blue night gown. Oh, yes, I handed the red top for Rashi to Kiaan. I could tell from his loud steps and breathing that he wasn't enjoying holding the clothes or arguing with me about shoes.

"We had a deal." He pressed, standing behind me, his chest pressing on my back. "You're not supposed to act like a kid Jaan."

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I checked the size of the night gown. "Debating about something means I'm a kid? Then I'm sure all lawyers are kids." I smiled, scoffing a little.

"Hurry up already." Came his impatient growl. How can I forget? Guys hate shopping. Especially when it's their wives spending their money.

We left the store, holding total of three bags. Two of the bags were his to clarify, with his shoes. He was busy examining the shoes as if they were something too important or needed. I don't understand the point, he already has enough branded shoes, all black and white then why buy more?

"You know, these are the latest version, not everyone can affor--"

"It's only hundred dollars Kiaan." I answered, cutting him off in a matter-of-fact tone. The last thing I wanted to hear was him talking about shoes.

"But still." He muttered.

"Why don't you treasure them for life? What say, take a picture with them-a selfie and frame it on your bedside table. Every morning you wake up you can gaze at your love, I mean they are very important? Aren't they?" I smiled widely, the anger hiding behind it, ready to attack him.

"Hungry?" He changed the topic, ignoring my burning eye contact as he threw the shopping bags inside the car. "Let's eat outside?" he suggested, sitting on the driver's seat.