31- 'All Of His Shades'

Started Typing On - 9/12/2018 - Finished Typing On - 19/12/2018

Chapter 31- 'All Of His Shades'

They both walk inside the Rajput house quietly. Not uttering a single word. Kiaan's gaze sweeps over Jaanvi every now and then. Observing her. Trying to come to a conclusion. It's this temptation to unravel her so she's not a puzzle and unpredictable. 

Yes, Jaanvi is definitely unpredictable with her childish acts and behaviour. But sometimes her reactions surprise him. Instead of throwing a pillow at him in disagreement, she listens to him, lets her mind wander in immodestly and lectures him. 

Kiaan, obviously, will love finding out she thinks of him any other way than disrespecting him. Her unhealthy mind will only provoke him to embarrass her more and boost his self-esteem. Of course, tempt him too. 

Would she actually leave me?  Jaanvi catches him gawking her. She twists her mouth in such a way that it's hard to believe she's not possessed by some evil spirt or thousand-year-old witch. She also makes a choking rasp, as if her souls being pulled out and hands angle in an awkward position. 

Her posture either makes her look mentally disturbed or possessed. 

Kiaan's mouth curves into a horrified line. He pushes away from her, his back touching the wall as he balances himself on the stairs. "Hay Bhagwan." He touches his chest, controlling his heartbeat. (Oh Lord.)

Pretty stupid but for a second Kiaan considered she's actually possessed or disable. He can't blame himself. Jaanvi can be full of surprises. Especially after her nightmare. 

Hot and airy laughter pushes through her throat. Jaanvi begins to speak but everytime fails because of her teary laughter. She touches her chest, as if requesting herself to stop laughing. "Look at your face, oh my god. Are you really twenty-seven and not seven?" She wipes the lone tear from her eyes.

Kiaan pushes off the wall and glares at her. Face red. Mortified. Not even two days of marriage and she's already dominating him into looking weak. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. I'm dying with laughter. Oh my god, someone help me. Send ambulance." Jaanvi won't ever admit it but his theatrical voice and expressions are extremely beautiful and charming to her.

The whole definition of 'gorgeous face, ugly personality' is proved wrong. She zips her lips shut. Afraid to slip her ardent thought to him. If she did, she'd die. Biting her inner cheek, her lips form into a pleasant beam. 

Something warm and kind blooming in her chest. Eyes sensitive to the view in front of her. 

"—like really, Ariel." He mumbles tilting his face at her. Eyes disappointed. From the body language and expressions on his face, Jaanvi believes he's most likely giving her a suggestion to work on her comebacks. "I wanted more. Something more intense." 

His hand spread out and then begin to close. As if he's pulling a pile of hundreds of chips packets or sand and brining it closer to him. 

With the head she has, it seemed unholy. Oh god. Despite her mindless thoughts, Jaanvi ignores it and follows him upstairs. 

They are turning their bedroom doors knob when their ears perk up in attention. 

Someone's shouting in rage. From inside their bedroom. Kiaan glances down at Jaanvi in confusion. She has the same perplexed expressions but nods at her spouse to open the door. He nods. 

As the door opens wide they stare at an angry-looking Kajal. Her eyes wild. 

Jaanvi's sister-in-law's throwing pillows around. Aggressively and impatiently trying to find something. Jaanvi's clothes are everywhere. The bed, the floor, on the chair. The wardrobe left open, clothes hanging loose, just a pluck away from touching the floor.