63- Home

Started Typing On - 22/02/2019

Chapter 63- Home

~

Author's Pov:

Betrayal. At some point of our lives we go through it. Whether we're fourteen, eighteen, twenty-six or even thirty-eight. It doesn't matter how old you are, what matters is the cause behind it. The person behind it. It may be because you were too weak. Too weak to understand the opposite persons intentions, too weak to stand on your own feet without having to hold onto someone or something.

The worst scenario possibly can be from a close person. Parent, probably not telling you something you should know? Or perhaps, not taking your side when your mother's angry. Betrayal comes in all forms, some casual jokey type and some, cruel and hurtful. Sometimes the reason behind it doesn't even matter. It's the person who does. A friend, a best friend stabbing your back feelings like losing yourself within them. Yes, they aren't your significant other but they are, were, your shadow. A shadow you never hid anything from.

It hurts, not matter how powerful the reason behind it was.

She feared betrayal. She feared humans. All her life Jaanvi was surrounded by two important people, her father, Ansh and Aditi. Kiaan was part of that circle but somethings were still hidden. Not big. Just things. Things she didn't know how to tell him, one being a coward to move on.  He wouldn't double cross me. Jaanvi knew Kiaan wasn't like those men. But it wasn't him that scared her. It was herself.

What's the guarantee that I wouldn't leave him like my mother left my father? All she ever wished for was not to betray him. She was too late for that, fortunate or unfortunate.

"I've always felt connected to you. Yes, of course our lives were different. I had my mu-parents, my siblings through my ups and downs but I always felt a pull towards you Jaanvi." He spoke, gazing at her brown orbs, looking directly at him with soften hiding underneath them.

He further on added, "This may sound weird but I've seen you since you were born. It's stupid how I don't remember you being a month old," he smiled, biting his healthy lower lip "but I've known you all my life. I've been there on your first birthday, smashing the cake into your little face as you crunched up your nose, you've always had a problem with my antics. I've been there when you tried to walk but fell on the ground, I helped you stand up. I was a nice three year old you see." He joked, trying to lighten the mood.

His heart was flowing with so many emotions. But he felt great. Great being able to confess before it was too late. "I'm not trying to cover up the fact that I've been stalking you for two years like a sadist, lunatic, obsessed lover or something but I just," he shrugged his tight shoulders. "I want to say it all. Before I regret not doing this before."

She clutched onto his arms, her fingers digging into his skin to balance her wobbly legs. "I'm not trying to pressure you or saying-ordering you to love me back just because I love you or because we've known each other from the very beginning. I just want to prove, t-to confess that I've always thought about you Jaanvi."

A lone tear dripped down her brown, earthy eyes, making its way down her face. Tears. It was tears that kept her sad soul alive in the furnace of pain. As he kept speaking it was harder for his wife to wipe her tears away, or to close her eyes. She thought he'd disappear if she blinked for even a second.

"I always sat next to you or behind you so I could be close. I didn't know why I did that, I always thought I sat closer to you to irritate you. But no, Ariel." His voice lowered, not the dangerous type but the soft and smooth one. He wiped her uncontrollable river of tears of his thumbs, caressing her red cheeks. "I sat close to you so you wouldn't be alone physically or feel alone mentally and emotionally. I tried to sit close to you every day at school so I could keep an eye on you. I didn't know what was going in your family but I always felt bad. Bad knowing you don't even have a mother to cry onto if someone was bullying you at school. I just wanted to be your bodyguard, I guess. Mum told me that Ma (Jaanvi's mother) loved me like her own son. For all the love she showered me with, i-I wanted to repay by looking after you."