96- From The Start

Around ten till fifteen chapters to go.

Started Typing On - 31/03/2019

Chapter 96- From The Start

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

Today was Wednesday and our appointment with the actual doctor-doctor was on Monday. Five days for me to clear my head before I lose it, I suppose. Kiaan's parents called last night. They've been in contact, after the incident in India his whole family seemed to change. Towards me, far as my judgement. Kajal, his little sister became too sweet. A bit too sweet for my liking, now when I think about it she was just trying to play a nice version of herself towards me. Back then I thought she was pitying me-which I still think but don't take it the wrong way-and trying to show how mature she is.

I can't blame myself, no one can. I mean, you can't just not look at everyone around you with detective eyes after all that had happened. She stays in contact with me, mostly Kiaan but I do see some 'How are you?' texts from her. I reply, but mostly one word. She hasn't texted since two days, which reminds me I should check on her. Maybe relationships aren't as bad. Or perhaps his family isn't as bad as mine.

Me- Hi Kajal, how's life?

"Oh my god." I felt the panic rise within my body. I never say that. The most formal and nicest way I question people about their life is two ways. A- How are you? B- Are you still alive? And C- If you're alive text me back. That's the nicest phrases I can ever use. We haven't bonded very well before but the way I speak I'm sure this 'how's life?' sounds extremely odd.

Too late, the text was already delivered.

I recalled what happened last night. It kind of felt bad. I felt left out.

Flash Back-

I peeked through my phone one last time, checking to see if Aditi had come online but decided to ignore my message for being a stubborn brat for a whole month. But she didn't. She wasn't online. Groaning in responses to my unread message I turned my phone on silent, laying my back flat in annoyance. The network can't be that bad. Can it?

"Regretting the past month?" Oh, how can I forget? Kiaan has to speak. Especially when I'm flaming in all the wrong ways. I decided to ignore him. I turned off the lamp, shutting my eyes. I felt the bed bend which meant he was laying down as well once his laptop was turned off. The duvet cover moved from my top half of the body for a while since he was putting it over himself. "Oh, sorry." He seemed to catch the sight of his actions. Covering me up with the duvet cover, I felt him let out a deep breath. "Jaan--" his husky voice was interrupted by his phone.

Thank god. I don't know why but I released a sigh in satisfaction.

"Namaskar." He greeted a polite hello to whoever was on the phone. "-Yeah, we're both fine." He replied to the supposed 'how are you' question. His parents? It had to be one of his parents or my father. He uses 'Namaskar' for only elder people, for others it 'Namaste.'

(Namaskar and Namaste both mean the same-Hello-but Namaskar is more of a respectful way of greeting someone.)

"Yeah, well, i-i-I wanted to tel--" He let his voice hang lose, letting the caller probably get the hint that I was with him? I heard him shuffle and get up from the bed, walking out in the dark not before closing the door shut. I was all confused. He can't possibly tell his parents or anyone about us expecting. He can't. He shouldn't because we were still getting use to the idea. The idea. "She's going to therapy. I think it's helping a little." Was all I heard before his voice started to fade away into the living room.