93-Someone New

Started Typing On - 24/02/2019 (So I had this therapist idea since Feb so I ended up writing the first half of this chapter back then)

Started ReTyping on - 29/03/2019

Chapter 93-Someone New

~

Author's Pov:

"Why would you think what happened to your mother would most likely happen to you?" Jaanvi was sitting on the big couch, fidgeting with her mangalsutra in nervousness. She didn't want to go to the therapist on the first place, it was all because of her husband, Kiaan. He requested her once again this morning when she didn't want to get out of the house. She was making excuses of being sick but he knew all her antics.

(A chain a Hindu married women wears around her neck after being married.)

'You should go Jaanvi, I can't see you like this. Sitting on the bed the whole day, waiting for the sun to disappear. Look at you, you're not eating, you've lost so much weight, I can't see you like this.' His voice broke, he swallowed the dryness of his throat seeing her all weak. Cupping her face in his large hands he asked, 'Go. For me. If you love me you'll go. Maybe this will help you understand how important this baby is for us' 

And here she is. Sitting inside an office, the room was extremely bright. One light was enough to lighten the room but instead the therapist preferred turning all three lights. She blind? There sat the Dr, around two years older than Jaanvi. Her blond hair short hair, open, hanging on her shoulders. She wore a white simple buttoned up shirt with blue denim jeans. I should have become a Therapist in New York. Jaanvi thought, taken back by the Therapists appearance.

"Well, I," Jaanvi shrugged. She felt a lot of things. Many different thoughts inside her head but just explaining them was difficult for her. She left her mangalsutra noticing the therapist eyeing it curiously. Instead Jaanvi started running her fingers up and down on her lap nervousness.

As she started speaking once again, she noticed the therapist writing everything down. She won't show her notes to Kiaan right? "Do you have to write the conversation down?" Jaanvi questioned, self-conscious about where those notes would end up.

"Yes." She replied, nodding with a straight face. The women had a professional voice as well as look. The lady's one look shut her down, she seemed to be the type of lady who you wouldn't want to upset. Jaanvi awkwardly smiled, nodding, muttering a small, 'Of course, of course.' Like an idiot.

"Doesn't history repeat? I mean, now days you don't need to make enemies from outside, they're just hiding under the mask. Family. Families, now days. Families are ready to kill each other." She shrugged, being suddenly super embarrassed realise what she just said. She's American! How will she know that? Asians hate their own family members most of the times, right?

Jaanvi heard the blue, pilot pen scribbling onto her white clear notebook. She wrote every single words Jaanvi had said. Once the Dr has finished with the writing, she looked up at Jaanvi, watching Jaanvi's expressions from her blue ocean deep eyes.

"Why do you think families hate each other?" She questioned, leaning back on her chair, watching Jaanvi with curiosity lingering in her eyes. Now Jacinda was interested. The people she usually met always spoke about their love life or perhaps abuse from a parent but Jaanvi's story was different. The way Jaanvi spoke Jacinda was sure she's hiding something, this hooked her in.

"Mine does." Jaanvi whispered, clutching her hand into a tight fist. The action didn't go unnoticed by Jacinda, she watched with a raised dark brown brow. "Can we not talk about this? Least not at this stage?" She chewed her lower lip, uncomfortable with the topic. The memories were still fresh inside her head.