18- One Day

Jaanvi looking at her mother's photo

61 one days left for New Year!!

Typed On - 01/11/2018

Chapter 18- One Day

Nervous.

She is nervous. Tomorrow is her Haldi early in the morning and after that, her wedding. The big grand day of her life. The day other girls would—have dreamt about but Jaanvi detests it.

It was only yesterday when she was little holding her father's finger to walk from his support and today, she's getting married. A lot of things are going in her head. 'How would he behave? Will he force me? Will he taunt me like always? Will I have to sit home all day and cook? How will I live with him?' She is extremely nervous.

Nervous to share the same room as her enemy.

Nervous to be close to him.

Nervous to live her whole life with him. Or not. I can divorce him.

Nervous to share his name with hers.

Nervous to leave her hero, her father. In this house with Juhi.

Her petrified gaze falls on her mother's photo in her bedroom wall. She stares at it for a few minutes silently. As if breathing in her mother's blessings, scent, life lessons.

"I'm sorry. I—I will hurt Papa today but I can't leave him like this. I can't." Her lips tremble as tears roll down her cheeks. Her eyes and nose are red from crying and the overflowing emotions. And hands sweaty in anxiety. "Why d-d-did you l-leave? I-i-I h-hate it w-when s-someone says I l-look like you." She sobs wiping her tears away furiously. "M-my f-face m-must rem-remind hero of y-you. I-I k-know h-he m-misses you, e-every day, e-every m-m-moment. B-but n-now. I-I'm le-leaving, Ma. H-he wouldn't s-s-see me. He w-wouldn't."

She feels a massive pain building up as if someone is sitting on her chest. Her body feels heavy and exhausted from crying so much. Her breaths are thick.

"He-he's too innocent for his good Ma. H-he's too nice and I know you hated that about him." She chuckles lightly remembering her grandma's words.

'Your mum Ishaani hated your father's kindness—his innocence.' Her grandma started smiling at the memory, 'but what can I do? My Ansh was always like this. H-he never saw anyone's bad side, he never tries to. He believes people, he easily trusts them, and he feels everyone is as generous as he is. Some say he's a fool for being too innocent.'

'What does mum say dadi?' (Grandma) Jaanvi, the ten-year-old questioned her grandma sitting on the old lady's lap hugging her.

The little girls question wins a chuckle out of Ansh's mother, 'Your mum never liked hearing anything against your father. She loved him so much. Though, they had a lot of argument because of his kindness. One day he gave some money to this man, later found out the man ran away with the money. Your father just wanted to help the poor man, he didn't even bother asking him any questions. Knowing this I remember how angry your mum was.'

'Being kind is wrong?' Jaanvi questioned moving away from her grandma, and looked into her eyes waiting for an answer.

'It's not as long as you know what you're doing. If you feel that you're right, do it. Do whatever that makes you happy and makes your loved ones happy.'

"I'll do it. For Ma, for dad and you Dadi" Jaanvi has made up her mind and there's no going back. Either she gets what she wants or Kiaan can kiss this marriage goodbye.