13- We All Hide Things

THANK YOU for 1k VOTES on this story! This is unreal, only 12 chapters uploaded and 1K votes!!

Typed On - 19/10/2018

Chapter 13- We All Hide Things

"She's hiding something." Kiaan mumbles opening the door. Sitting inside the car he grips the steering wheel tightly looking ahead as if it'll give him answers. "We get nightmares for a reason. You can't just get it out of blue, there's a lot more to her story." He raises his voice hitting the steering wheel.

Dhruv's eyebrows shoot up, "And why do you care? Aren't you marrying her for mom only? Far as I remember you hated her, right?" His question takes Kiaan back to his school days.

FlashBack

After Jaanvi left telling him how much she detests him he stood there—rooted to the ground—in shock. She did shout at him before, even hit him—playfully, of course—and swore but today was different. She was crying, she said she hated him. He felt like he was losing a friend.

"What happened Kiaan?" He turns around to face his sister Kajal's friend Tina. The girl he dislikes since forever. She was pure trouble and annoying to him.

Forcing a smile on his face he answers, "Nothing, just Ariel being stupid." After the pool incident, he calls her Ariel. He's been calling her that in front of everyone. At first it was to annoy her but day by day he ended up loving the nickname for her. She was his only Ariel.

Tina hates it. She hates Jaanvi. She hates the fact that Kiaan and Jaanvi's family were close which resulted in the two meeting more often. But she always manages to fake her happiness.

"Oh yes, I still can't believe that she said that." Tina shrugs not making eye contact with Kiaan while fidgeting with her fingers.

"Who said what?" Now his full attention was on Tina.

"I-I didn't w-want to tell you but," She pauses licking her dry lips before flinching a bit seeing his fury eyes. "She said that you pushed her into the swimming pool, knowing the fact that she can't swim. You wanted to hurt her and she was drowning but you didn't help her." She finishes talking and looks up to see his face.

"NO!" He shouts defensively running his hand through his hair, "I did not. Besides this was when she was fourteen, she's not fourteen now. Why is she even bring his topic up? She's lying. I made sure she wouldn't drown and I was right there if something goes wrong. I hate liars, let me confront her."

Kiaan is about to walk in the same direction where Jaanvi ran to but Tina stops him holding his hand.

"Come on Kiaan, you're not an immature kid like her. Let her be, everyone knows that you wouldn't do this. If you go up to her she'll only act like a spoilt brat." She says.

"But why was she crying then?"

The smile on Tina's face fades. She never imagined Kiaan would see Jaanvi crying.

"O-oh that," She laughs dryly, "Some classmates just told her off for lying. Some even mocked her saying that you're the best swimmer in the whole school. Poor girl couldn't tolerate it so maybe that's why she was crying. You know she's overly sensitive." Tina knows exactly how to make Kiaan smile.

She knew he loves Swimming, it was his first love, his passion. Hearing her words he grins proudly because of his swimming skills, "You're right. She probably couldn't handle the truth." He scoffs.

That whole day he didn't talk much. He couldn't comprehend why she felt the need to lie. Kiaan was heading home with his brother Dhruv. Kajal was staying at Tina's for the day so the brothers were walking home alone.