77-The Family's Outburst

Started Typing On - 15/03/2019

Chapter 77-The Family's Outburst

~

Author's Pov:

"You're supposed to go faster than this." Jaanvi scoffed, rolling her eyes at him as well as shaking her head. "Didn't you say you were way better? And faster?" She stayed seated on the kitchen counter stool, watching over her husband trying to whisk the egg so she could cook omelette. Her face tiredly clasped on her palms, the elbow hurting as it touched the hard counter.

"Why don't you sleep Miss Tired?" Kiaan scoffed back, rubbing his together before running them through his soft hair. She had been tired since the morning but too stubborn to relax. He had suggested her to lay down on the bed and wait until he's done cooking but nope, she wasn't going to listen. "Watch this. Carefully." He gave her a confident smile, holding the fork tightly around his fingers making his knuckles turn white as paper.

"Go on." She responded with the same level of high attitude and confidence, folding her arms across her chest. Her gaze looked on his face, noticing the change of expression. His tongue touched his upper lip, creating a click noise before he muttered a small 'ok then.'

His hand kept mixing the egg as fast as possible since he challenged Jaanvi few seconds ago saying 'I can cook better omelette and I can whisk faster.' Well, that's going down the hill! She let out a breath, exhausted breath giving him a bored expressions as a yawn escaped her mouth. Clicking her fingers she said "Can you please let me cook? I'm hungry over here."

Jaanvi raised her hand up to tie her hair in a messy bun. Twisting her hair in clock-wards direction she held it in shape with one hand as the others did the tying. She yawned once again before washing her hands. Her eyes blinking rapidly wanting the sleep to take over her body.

"Jaan you need to sleep. I kept you pretty busy all night." Came his hoarse voice from behind her. She turned around drying her hands with the small black tea towel before pushing him aside by her hip.

"Oh shh. I have enough energy to jog around the city." Came her confident yet flat answer. Her whole mood was a little off counting the remaining days left. Before she came out of the room she was counting with her fingers, her eyes going dull in sadness, two days left.

He didn't argue since he was super hungry as well. He wrapped his hands around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder humming in reply. His eyes closed letting her smell invade his surroundings.

Her phone inside the shorts pocket ringed and vibrate onto her skin. She left the pan on the stove, taking the phone out of her pocket. "I want to destroy all the phones in this damn house." Kiaan grumbled, she chuckled a bit before her eyes dropped at the phone screen. She bit her tongue hard with teeth, feeling the blood touch her tongue making her shiver a little.

"What happened?" He felt her shiver under his touch. He stood beside her, lifting her chin up with his index finger. His eyes softening seeing her blank face. She shook away smiling, putting the phone on the speaker since she wanted to cook as well as talk.

"Rashi." She let out a breath, putting the phone on the counter, few inches away from the stove. Kiaan jumped up sitting on the counter, few inches away from the phone, biting into an apple close to him. Chewing the apple slowly Jaanvi looked up at him, he arched his brows gesturing her to take a bit if she wanted. She shook her head, pouring the oil into the hot pan.

"Di!" (Elder Sister) Kiaan rolled his eyes at her formalities.  Doesn't treat my wife as an elder sister but call her by the title, wow fantastic. The problem-not a problem but the world thought it was a problem-with Jaanvi and Kiaan was they were too straight forward. Both of them. They hated formalities, they hated back bitching, and they both didn't like people hiding around the bush. Perhaps that's why they both confessed their love as soon as they realised it was blooming.