• End • End •

Start from the beginning

"No, I wasn't obliged to take the ladies to dates. I just really wanted to. And about Aunt Luce's death. It has nothing to do with me spacing out. She died in peace.. There's no reason for me to keep thinking about it if I knew she was happy when we were still with her." I finally replied, it kind of left Edd to a shock because he suddenly stopped his tracks.

He suddenly bowed to me, "Please forgive me for assuming! I knew I had no right to!" he yelled. I just chuckled and rolled my eyes, "Just forget it. Come on, we've got an experiment to work on." I said before walking ahead of him.

Soon enough we finally saw a bright light up on the ceiling. Showing a big glass wall with someone inside of it. I walk closer and saw Zion lying his head on the concrete floor.

I reminded myself mentally that we were tasked to be merciless in this job. So I had to put my usual cold expression before unlocking the bar code that makes the glass wall slide up, finally opening the way for me to get inside Zion's 'cell'.

"Hey. Are you awake?" I call out and kneel beside his figure. Zion was awake.. Well, barely. He looked tired and looked like he had enough. He slowly sat up, his limbs were shaking as he was pressing on them. He was so thin and weak now. He couldn't speak anymore because his throat was burnt with a chemical that we had him drink.

He didn't want to eat anymore because his stomach was also destroyed. I knew we were destroying him and his life. But that's why our work was illegal. We give what people want but in return they'd give us their lives and their body for our reckless experiments.

He looks up to me and cries silently. I had to shut my eyes tightly as I call out to Edd and made him bring the last two experiments that we have to test on him. One for some kind of cure for damaged eyes and the other is to make him sleep. Forever.

Edd hands me the tray and I turn to Zion again. This guy was nice and I hate myself for actually saying that but it's the truth. He was one sweet guy. I only hated him so much because he was with Tom. But I could never actually confirm if I actually hated him as a person as well.

I remove the mask he wore and lifted his head up. I took one experiment tube and smiled at him gently before making him drink.

"lo.... la..." he barely choked out.

-------------------------------------------------

We walked to the room where we keep our empty tubes as Edd grabbed the last tube that was on the tray. He looked at it for a bit and looked up to me, "This is the formula that you're supposed to make him drink before..."

"I know. I just thought that he needed the rest now." I interrupted as I grabbed the tube back and threw it on the ground. Breaking it into tiny pieces as the liquid inside splashes on the ground.

"But-- if boss finds out about--"

"I'm ready to accept any punishment he's gonna give me. Probably another burn. But who cares? He was one of the reasons why I've lost someone important anyway." I spat before walking out of the room and back to dispose the body.

When I was almost at the room where the body was, I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I look behind me and see Patryk, "Hey there. Umm... Edd told me what you did..."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Are you gonna tell on me then?" I hissed waiting to be scolded when suddenly I felt him pat my head. I look up to him and saw him smiling at me,

"Paul is already disposing his body. How about you take this time to take a day off? Since.. Our job in this city is done anyway. How about you take a look around? I mean... We will be sent back to Norway again. So... Take a day off?" Patryk suggested and I just nodded without any disagreements since I am craving to get out of this place because it feels like it's suffocating me.