• 30 •

No One's P.O.V

Porter was silent as Tom ended his part of his and Tord's break up. Jess was already fuming with anger while Oliver was just eating his cake. He didn't understand what was happening yet, since he was a kid but he knew something serious was happening.

Jess sighed as she facepalmed, "You mean to tell me... TORD LEFT you, Thomas?" Jess asked, emphasizing Tord's name with all anger she could gather. She didn't like the thought that she was so looking forward to seeing the two together and ready to settle down.

Tom nodded, "Yeah... But it's fine! I've already moved on! In fact, I already have a fianc--" Tom was put to stop when he felt something heavy and rough hold his hand. He glanced to his side and saw Tord holding his hand tight. He looked down to his hand before looking up to Tord.

Tord was eyeing Tom, telling him that he had said enough before turning to his parents. Jess smiled at Tord as he started talking, "Yes, I broke up with him and left." Tord said straightforwardly.

His mother started inhaling and exhaling in an abnormal manner. Porter could tell that she was trying her hardest not to blow up right now. He knew how excited his wife was when thinking of Tord and Tom finally getting ready to settle down.

But she didn't expect that to be suddenly crushed in just one sentence,

"We've already broke up 3 years ago."

Jess chuckled bitterly as her gaze stayed on Tord, "Then I must have made you both feel uncomfortable by wanting you guys to settle down already." Jess apologized as she bowed to the Tom and ONLY Tom.

Tom rose his hands up and slightly waved in the air trying to stop Tord's mother, "Please, Mrs. Livingston! I- It's really okay! You didn't know so..."

"Let her be Thomas." Porter interrupted, meeting eyes with Tom. Tom silently put his hands down and just look at Jess as she was still bowing.

Tord was quiet as he gaze at Tom. He saw the empathetic look on his face and he felt his hand shaking. Tord knew Tom was like this whenever he feels guilty and he couldn't do anything about it.

He really wanted to vanish that look on Tom's face. Yet he thought to himself...

"Can he still trust me?"

Tord then realized what Tom needed..
Tord intertwined his fingers with Tom making the elder jolt from his seat. Tom turned to Tord with a frightened look. Tord hated seeing it.

Tom soon turned away and tried pulling away his hand from the Norwegian, given his situation now... He didn't like the feeling of being held by someone he couldn't trust. But Tord held his hand tighter as he looked up to his parents.

"It was my fault." Tord said, Porter and Jess averted their attention to Tord. Waiting for their son to continue.

"But I didn't regret breaking up with him at that time." He continues, Tom looked at Tord as he too was waiting for his explanation for years now. He really loved Tord. He really did.

"I broke up with him with a purpose and that.. I wanted to tell Tom on the spot. But I was told not to. I was ordered to leave him." Tord turned to Tom and gave him a broken smile, "I really didn't want to... Believe me..." Tord finished. Tom averted his attention away as he tried hiding his sudden blushing.

Tord kept staring at Tom, admiring what was in front of him. He loved it.

Jess and Porter shared glances at each other before letting out a defeated sigh. They were really having a hard time catching up with the other two's generation. They smiled thinking how different it was back then when rebuilding trust.