• 26 •

No One's P.O.V

Tom kept looking at his 'Fiance'as Tord was still holding his hand tight. Tord didn't do anything and just let the brit break into a long stare at Zion. What was he even supposed to do?

They have already broken up.

But Tord was still worried and sad for Tom. After all he had a lot coming to him. First his Fiance was a cannibal. Second is that his own ex came back.

They were already surrounded by the police, with Paul and Patryk tying Zion up with chains as Edd was locking his mouth up with a metal mask.

Zion seemed calm about all of this. Which had led to the three thinking that he may really have fell for the human. But it didn't matter now. They've captured him and he wasn't gonna get away again.

At that moment a voice suddenly yelled louder than the crowd. It immediately caught Zion's attention which made him turn his head towards the crowd. Where he saw a familiar person.

"Hey! Hold still!" Edd ordered before he pulled Zion by his head to make him face straight. Zion didn't fought back and just side-eyed the person who was very familiar to him amongst the crowd.

"Zi!" Mark called out as he was struggling to get out of the hold of the polices hovering around him. Blocking his way to his friend.

"Zi! What are you doing?! You can escape!" Mark yelled but Zion only gave him a defeated sad side stare before nodding at him.

Telling Mark that it was okay. Leaving Mark to freeze on his spot. Staring at Zion wearing a worried expression while the other had nothing but a smile under the hard metal mask.

Tord felt a bit bad for the thing. Even though Tord have only met him and practically hated the fact that he was with Tom but he knew Zion did love Tom.

As much as Tord didn't want to admit it. He definitely couldn't bring himself to actually hate Zion as a person.

This made Tord remember the first time he was given the mission.

Before Tord acquired the mission. He and his boss, and his team had to discuss everything they knew about the experiment.

'Remember, Tord may lead this mission. But I'm still letting you come with him as extra strength. Understand?'

'Understood.'

Tord looked at his team as they all shared a challenged smirk.

When his boss mentioned something about the experiment planning on marrying Tom made Tord already hate the said experiment.

'If he doesn't eat a big meal for more than 2 days. His body would go into starvation mode in a matter of seconds. Causing him to feel sudden heart aches in random times. The aches could go for days and it WILL get worse UNTIL he eats a whole body.

So I must say... I will not set up a deadline for you to catch experiment 2691514. But he can kill if he wants. He's stronger than he looks. So please be careful and get him back.'

Tord crunched his eyebrows as he looks at Zion while expressionless. He didn't really know what to feel right now.

Soon he turns to look at Tom again. Seeing how the brit looked so dead and shocked at the same time hurt him.

'I must've left Tom in a shock state when I left.. Much like this.'

Tord lowered his head a little feeling guilty but never showed it,

"Thomas, I-I'm sorry about your--"

"It's today isn't it?" Tom interrupted as he slowly turns to Tord. Tord jolted up when he saw Tom look directly at him. He didn't know why. But it definitely give him the chills.

"You mean the--"

"The family date that you've always wanted me to go to so I can help you with pretending." Tom interrupted once again.

Tord didn't know how to feel about the family date right now. He wasn't sure about going with Tom because of his situation.

Tord slowly scratched his nape in a nervous manner, "Well.. I think it would be a burden to go... So.."

"Let's go. It's this evening right? Then we shouldn't miss it." Tom demanded before he discreetly pulled Tord by his arm.

"Wait, Thomas-" Tord called out before he looked at his team.

"We practiced days for this. I refuse not to go." Tom said in monotone. Tord glanced at Tom a bit before looking back to Paul and the others if they were gonna stop them. They only gave Tord a nod and went back to what they were doing while Tord and Tom pass by them.

Tom ignored everything around him while on his mind. The thing he could only think of is to get out of the place as soon as possible.

When suddenly a soft, rough, trapped voice spoke, "I'm sorry."

It brought Tom to stop on his tracks and look to the side where he was sure where the voice came from.

It was Zion, he was looking at the ground then to him, "I did really love you." he softly spoke.

At the same moment Tom had the courage to turn and look at Mark as the other was already staring back at him while being blocked by the police.

Tom felt tears creeping on the corners of his eyes but he mustered all the strength he could and held back breaking down. He ignored Zion and continued walking away with Tord trailing behind him.

Zion was left staring at the two figures walking away from him before he was hit by the head by Paul.

"Stop looking back at him. You know this was gonna happen sooner or later." Paul said coldly as he tightenend up the chains, locking Zion's limbs in place.

Zion was brought to a chuckle, "Yeah. I knew. I just didn't think that it would be like this. I've always thought about a different scene." he replied as he sighed in relief.

Patryk and Edd only looked at each other as they listened into the two's conversation.

"You have a lot coming for you when you get back to your chamber." Paul informed while still wearing his stone expressionless face.

"I'm looking forward to it then. This body was gonna die soon enough anyway. Did my grandma get the heart by now?" Zion asked making the other look up to him instantly.

Paul paused for a bit before replying with, "Yeah, she's getting an operation."

With that Zion let out a breath of relief as Paul noticed how he relaxed his muscles. Paul was already exposed to this kind of actions. One when where most of the experiments that they captured finally show their true intentions and give their views on it.

He wasn't supposed to feel bad for them. But he is.

A tap on Paul's shoulder was enough to make him turn to his side. Edd pointed at the white armored car behind the big crowd around them.

"They're here. We should carry him there."

Paul replied with a nod before Edd left to go to the car and open the doors.

"Any last favors before we get to the lab?"

Zion pretended to think for a bit before smirking, "Can I eat a 13 year old kid before I'm dead?"

This made Paul smack his head again as the other laughed.

"You're fucking sick." Paul commented before Zion shook his head playfully.

"I'm kidding. My only favor is please don't let Grandma know about me being like this and use all the power in your will to do so.." Zion pleaded in a serious expression.

Paul stared at him for a bit. He looks to his right where his partner was standing. The two looked at each other for a good minute before nodding.

"Alright."