Chapter 30 (Last Chapter

Start from the beginning

A few days later, I decided I was going to try to confess to Natsu again. I approached him as he was sitting down, talking to Lucy about going on a job soon. Lucy saw me and seemed to get the hint, because she excused herself and gave me a 'go get him' smile. I sat down in her spot and smiled softly.

"Oh, hey Ivy." Natsu said with a large smile. "Lucy and I were just talking about going on a job soon, wanna join in? Or are you working at the club this week?"

"Going out on a job with you would be great." I said. "And I have something I wanna tell you Natsu. Do you think we could go somewhere a little more private?"

"Yeah, sure." Natsu began to stand, when Lisanna walked over.

"Hey Natsu." Lisanna said with a smile. "Where you headed?"

"Oh, Ivy said she wanted to talk to me in private or something. Why, what's up?" Natsu asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to talk. It's been a while, you know." Lisanna laughed lightly, and Natsu smiled.

"Well, I can come find you once I'm done with Ivy." And I growled.

"Every FUCKING time!" I snapped out. Natsu and Lisanna turned to me.

"What's up with you Ivy?" Natsu asked. I turned to him.

"Everytime I try to talk to you, for the past seventeen years, we keep getting interrupted, or something happens. I'm sick and tired of not getting anywhere with this. I'm sick of her," I pointed to Lisanna. "Always getting in the fucking way one way or another. For fucking once, just once, I want to be able to talk to you without her being brought up, without Happy coming and taking your attention away. But no, that can't fucking happen."

"Ivy, what are yo-" Natsu began, but I cut him off.

"No! Not this time, Natsu! I've been trying to confess for years. Fucking YEARS! At first it was always about fucking Lisanna. She's back now, we can stop mourning her. But of course, the first time I try to tell you how I feel after getting back from Tenrou, she's in the fucking way AGAIN!" I shook with rage. "Can you fucking back off?!" I screamed as I turn to Lisanna. If I didn't have the guild's attention before, I sure as hell had it now.

"Ivy, what the hell. Don't talk to Lisanna that way, she hasn't done anything wrong. The hell's your problem?" Natsu snapped. And he wasn't happy. He was very upset, and it struck a chord deep down. Defending her, again. I made him angry, again. Fucking great. I backed down, staring down at the floor as I felt tears in my eyes. I turned to leave when I felt a hand on my arm. I turned to see Laxus.

"Laxus, let me go." I whispered, but it was quiet enough in the guild hall that everyone could hear me.

"No, not this time." He said firmly. "Last time was THE last time you try killing yourself." I froze.

"W-What are you talking about Laxus?" Natsu asked, voice shaking slightly. I felt Laxus' grip on my arm tighten.

"Are you really this thick?" Laxus asked. He sounded angry. Like 'I'm going to kill you' angry. "Have you never noticed? Really? Every time you get angry with her, she runs off and returns with Gray and Erza with bruises around her neck?" Laxus gestured to my throat.

"W-Well yeah." Natsu said. "But that was because... why was that again?"

"They're bruises from where she's attempted to hang herself for upsetting YOU." Laxus pressed a finger into Natsu's chest. "You are literally my sister's world. And when you're upset, her world crumbles and she hates herself for it. My little sister is suicidal because of YOU!"

"Laxus." It was Gildarts. "You're hurting Ivy." Laxus stopped and slowly released his hand, showing a hand shaped bruise forming on my arm.

"Shit, Ivy. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." He said as he gently pulled me to him, but he passed me over to Gildarts, who just simply placed his hands on my shoulders to keep me from running. Laxus was quick to turn back to Natsu. "Tell me, Natsu. Do you know why you affect Ivy so much?"