Chapter 7

Ivy's POV

It was the day of the Fairy Tail beauty contest during festival week and I was having fun in the events. I was backstage, ready to go after Lucy when someone came up behind me and covered my mouth.

I was dragged out of the guild hall and brought to the church on top of the hill. Once I got there I was placed in a chair and after a bit I saw Laxus walk in.

"L-Laxus? What's going on?"

"I'm tired of how gramps is running the guild. We look like a bunch of losers. I'm holding a battle royal to see who can beat me." I glared and looked out and stood. I could sense a strong magic outside. It was the Thunder Palace.

"What's with the Thunder Palace?"

"I want Gramps to hand the guild over to me. Then I'll kick out all the losers and Fairy Tail will be the strongest guild in Fiore!"

"You're risking the lives of all the townsfolk." He got this serious look on his face.

"Sacrifices have to be made." I stepped back.

"Laxus. A-Are you crazy? What the fuck is wrong with you?" He came over and hugged me.

"It's the only way Ivy." I shook my head and pushed him off. "Sis-"

"Don't call me that. My brother would never do something like this." He put a hand on my shoulder.

"Ivy." I began to cry.

"Please Laxus. Don't do it." Then Freed walked in.

"Your plan worked Laxus. Petrifying the girls in the contest worked at getting everyone to fight each other." I turned to Laxus.

"You did what!"

"I needed some way to motivate everyone." I collapsed onto my knees and stared into his cold grey eyes. They never used to be so cold. Ever since Grandpa excommunicated father from the guild, Laxus had slowly begun to get a colder and colder look in his eyes.

"Laxus please stop." I cried and into my hands. "Please Laxus... stop." But he didn't. He would read Freed's runes and announce who was out of the tournament. I kept crying. I couldn't do anything. Laxus was family, and I would never do anything to hurt family. Not since that one time I really hurt Laxus.

"Looks like someone has defeated Freed." I looked up at Laxus.

"Laxus." Then Mystogan came and fought Laxus, but didn't get far. I sat still until Natsu and Gajeel finally came in.

"Laxus!" I turned to them and jumped.

"Laxus please stop!"

"Ivy? What are you doing here? And what have you been doing here?" It was Gajeel, and of course he nor Natsu would understand why I just sat there.

"He's family Natsu, you should understand. Laxus please stop this! I don't want anyone else to be hurt because of your superiority complex."

"Ivy please. This is what the guild needs. The old man needs to hurry up and hand the guild over." Laxus got ready to attack when I ran over and clung to his coat.

"Big brother please! Stop! I don't want this! I don't want to see anyone else get hurt. Please!" I cried into his coat and I could feel the hand he placed on his shoulder. He then picked me up and placed me into a chair.

"Stay there little sister." He then bound me with lighting and began to attack Gajeel and Natsu. I began to cry as I watched the battle. After a while I sensed Thunder Palace get destroyed. Then I heard it.

"Fairy Law!" A bright light came from the roof and when it went away, no one was hurt and Laxus was sent through the roof by Natsu. As soon as Laxus hit the floor the bindings went away and I ran over to him, stopping Natsu from giving him one more punch in the face.

"Laxus. You fucking idiot. Why?" I cried over my brother's beat and bruised body. He was unconscious.

"Ivy what is wrong with you!" Natsu was glaring at me slightly. "Why didn't you fight him earlier?!"

"Yeah, firebreath has a point." I looked to both of them.

"He's my blood family. I couldn't do it. Especially not to him, not after the last time."

"The last time?"

"You mean when you two fought about your dad and you sent him to the hospital." I nodded.

"I almost killed him, so I couldn't fight him again." I hugged him and Natsu and Gajeel helped me bring him to the guild where I bandage him up. It was an hour later when Laxus was sent to the infirmary to talk to Grandpa. I was about to go into the room when I overheard Grandpa excommunicate him.

"Laxus, you are no longer a member of Fairy Tail." I couldn't think and flung the door open. They both turned. "Ivy?"

"Please Grandpa don't do it! Please don't make my big brother leave! Oh please don't do it! I know he did something extremely stupid, but...but..." Laxus came over and hugged me.

"It's alright Ivy. I deserve it." I clung to his coat and began to cry.

"No! Please don't go. Who will I confide in? Who will I talk to when I'm upset? You were the only one who completely understood me." He kissed the top of my head.

"I'm sorry Ivy. But I endangered many people. I even endangered you."

"Laxus." I cried more as I looked up at him. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you Ivy. Be strong. And show the rest of them how a Fairy Tail wizard should be." He walked past me and away.

"I love you too.... big brother." I cried more and when Grandpa tried to get closer I ran. I didn't even pay attention to where, but I knew. "Lucy!" I threw my arms around her and buried my face into her chest as I cried. She was shocked at first but then just hugged me and started to pet my head.

"Ivy?"

"He's gone. My big brother is gone. He's been excommunicated." Lucy didn't say a word.

"Come on Ivy. I know what will cheer you up. Let's get you ready for the parade okay?" I cried a little harder. I shared a float with Laxus, as the Lightning Siblings, when he decided to participate, which actually wasn't much. But I got ready for the parade and got onto the float.

Grandpa came over and whispered in my ear. I smiled and nodded. The parade went on and I was right before my grandfather's float. I was in a yellow dress, much like my usual light blue one and was wearing it's matching bows. I was in the middle of the float using thunder magic to make beautiful patterns and designs. Then we stopped when I could sense Laxus and we did it.

The sign that Laxus had made when we were so young that meant, 'Wherever you are, this is for you'. Something that was adopted by the entire guild. And I felt tears run down my face as I shot up a giant lightning bolt that made a lightning bolt that was similar to the one that marked him as a second-generation dragon slayer.