c h a p t e r 9

Felix

After school I walked out going to my place, Jisung had to go home saying his mom got off early and they wanted to spend time together. Violeta has to go home explaining it was her turn to cook food and Adonai walked home with her brother. Once I got outside, I looked up to see a black expensive car parked outside. The window rolled down to reveal a Changbin and he looked right at me. 'Oh boy, please don't kill me.'

"Get in." He didn't have to speak very loud for me to hear him clearly and his voice was intimidating. I look around then dash to the car. The back door opens and I go in.

To the side of me, Hyunjin sat by the door on his phone. Minho was up front with Changbin at the driver's seat. Changbin started to drive off to who knows where. So I tried to converse while clutching my backpack, making sure I have Jisung on speed dial.

"Hi." I turn over to Hyunjin and awkwardly wave with a shy smile. He looked over towards me for a second, rolled his eyes,  then looked back at his phone. I nod and look out the tainted window.

I look at the mirror up front and stare, I could see Minho's face. He noticed me staring and shot me a glare through the mirror. I looked down again 'Yep, I'm screwed.' Then the car came to a sudden stop.

I looked out of the mirror and saw a huge mansion with the most beautiful front garden. In the middle sat a huge stone fountain, surrounding it were multiple stone paths leading to different directions and circling the fountain. Multiple rose bushes of many colors were neatly trimmed. Orange and yellow poppies filled the area. Surrounding the lot were dark purple flowers all in a line like a border.

We drive around the corner into the garage, we park inside next to other expensive looking cars. All four of us get out and walk towards the white door. I felt different walking inside the lot with the other three. Once we got inside I was gaping at the huge chandeliers and the pristine look of the building. The inside was just as astonishing as the exterior.

When you enter there's a table with a bouquet of flowers, above the flowers, dangled a beautiful chandelier, it the light that shimmered off the crystal left specks of light all over the light grey walls which were decorated with glamorous paintings. The marble floors were furnished with Lucious red carpets with intricate golden designs woven into them. the staircase split into two, each making a path to the left and right of the house. but before the stairway split, there stood a shelf made out of Red Mahogany. On it was a series of photos of Changbin and his family, photos of a Golden Retriever, little trinkets, and bonsai trees.

If the entrance looked this elegant and chic, I don't think I'll be able to see the rest of this place.

Multiple maids rushed over and greeted us and took their backpacks.

"Hello, may I." The maid went over and held out her hands for my backpack, I stumbled on my words and look over to Changbin. He nodded. I gave her my backpack and she smiled.

"Umm, Thank you," I say, she smiles and walks away.

I follow the other three upstairs into what I suppose the direction to Changbin's room. The second floor had white walls and light brown and gray furniture. I looked over to my right to see a huge wall made of glass that leads to a balcony, which is also filled with green and colorful plants.

We make it to the room and enter in complete silence. Changbin goes over and shuts the blinds while Minho closes the door. Hyunjin just stands there waiting for orders.

I stand there confused, the room was dark and the room was filled with an intoxicating silence. Something inside of me told me to run, I slowly backed up. Minho stopped me, I turn around, his eyes glowed a dark violet. My breathing picked up and I turned back, Hyunjin's eyes bore a light blue glow. But what scared me the most was Changbin, an illuminating, bright, red glow. I look around, a mirror showed my face, panicked midnight blue eyes in response.