c h a p t e r 7

Jisung

Both Felix and I stood by the convenience store waiting for the two girls that we call our friends. I still can't believe that have 2 more friends other than Felix. Look, I love him and all but we really need more friends to make sure me and Lix don't use one brain cell and probably do something that'll kill us...and maybe other people, we haven't decided on that one yet.

Anyway, the sun was setting, the sky appeared to be canvas filled with red, yellow, orange, pink, and purple shades. the harsh light of the sun and shine through the dark sky created such gorgeous scenery, that made me smile. Accompanied behind us was the artificial illumination of the convenience store neon lights, classy I know but we're all a bunch of teens in high school, we don't have enough money to buy exotic and fancy snacks, ok.

Both Felix and I were matching, wearing a black hoodie and a pair of light blue jeans. Around our necks, we're our "couple necklaces," we bought them when we were at the store that one time. It's a simple silver circle, nothing much, but it meant so much to both of us. Speaking of "couple necklaces," we went and got two more the girls, and today will be the ceremony of them becoming friends with two crackheads, but not just any type of crackheads, but handsome crackheads, there's a huge difference.

"Aren't we technically loitering?" Felix asked behind me whilst looking at his phone.

"Yea but they'll be here soon...or at least that's what they told me," I say. Felix sighs, as he does so, two figures start to come towards us. This causes both Felix and me to get back on our feet. Violet came over wearing a pair of black sweatpants, a light grey cropped hoodie, and some simple white high top converse, while Adonai contrasts with a yellow crop top hoodie, a black jean jacket, black Dr. Martins, and black high waisted pants that covered most of her toned stomach. Adonai's hair was braided in two long ponytails down her head and Violeta had her wavy hair down. One of them looked like she was going to a sleepover the other one to a club.

"Heyo!" Adonai said as she walked up to us.

"Hello!" Felix calls behind me.

"You guys ready?" Violeta asked as she held her pale yellow backpack. We all nodded.

One by one each of us walked into the store with the bell ringing from behind us and we all grabbed the basket. Felix went to the chips aisle, while I got lost in the candy aisle. Violet went to the pastry/instant noodle aisle and Adonai got drinks. I grabbed the colorful bags of sugar and tossed them into the basket without care. I heard Felix do the same.

In the end, Violeta, Adonai, Felix, and I all went up to the cash register and dumped all of our stuff onto the counter, the cashier stared in horror as we all smiled. The cashier only said three simple words. "Cash or credit?"

~~~~~~

"Did you see the look on that guy's face? Priceless!" Adonai laughed menacingly while holding a white plastic bag filled with 2-liter soda bottles. The rest of us laughed along while we each struggled with our bags.

"The poor guy, do you think he'll have a  fear of us the next time we show up?" Violeta piped, fixing her glasses.

"Only one way to find out, I guess." Felix laughed.

"Maybe not this week, after today I'm broke as fuck," I comment.

"Well, maybe next week then," Adonai says.

"First of all, aren't we all broke?! Second, what movie are we watching for our, sleepover?" Violeta said the last part in a whispery tone.

"The Twilight series." Adonai piped up. Both Felix and I groan.