c h a p t e r 8

Felix

The four of us walked upstairs hauling the bags behind us, when we got up the brown carpeted, white wooden staircase, we were guided through a hallway with beige walls.

There were plants placed here and there and a small fish tank with fluorescent lights illuminating the powerful blue fish swimming around. I gently tap at the glass, instead of racing away they simply stared at me, a white one just made a water bubble and carried on with its business.

"Lovely fish you got there," I comment and travel to the left side of the hallway where Adonai's room is.

"Yeah, they don't really do much but we still love em." Adonai shrugged. We all made our ways into her room

A tv was to the right to the room along with a small grey couch in front of it. To the front of the room lay a lavender bed which complemented the plum walls. The dressers were a dark brown wood that gave the place an earthy feel. On top of the dressers were pictures of her and her brother together with huge smiles on their faces. On either side of the photo stood amethysts in two different natural shapes, with an emerald stone on either side.

We sat down on the couch and dumped all our stuff onto the ground. (Expect the soda). Violeta opened her light yellow backpack and took out a small CD holder that held a various amount of CDs. One struck out to me.

"What's this?" I point it out.

"Oh, it's a Novela, my mother and grandmother are both hooked on it," Violeta says and flips away from the CD. She gives the first Twilight movie to Adonai and she puts it in the CD player. Then the movie begins.

~~~~~~

"PAUSE!!" Jisung shouts off the top of his lungs, jumping in front of the tv.

"What now squirrel boy!" Adonai responded, obviously annoyed at his sudden outburst.

"Felix, the necklaces."

He nudged me and I realized we almost forget to give the friendship necklaces. I walked all the way to where my bag was sitting, which was by the end of the couch.

"What necklaces? What's happening?" Violeta cocked her head to the side.

"On behalf of both of us. We want to thank you for being friends with us. If you've noticed both Ji and I have necklaces." I began

"We wanted to make it official and show you guys how much you two mean to us. Which is why we went to buy a necklace like the one we have for both of you. See it as a symbol for our own little friend group." Jisung added

I handed the one I was holding to Adonai and Jisung gave the one he was holding to Violeta. Violeta was in tears while Adonai was beaming with happiness.

"We know it's not much but it means a lot to both of us, so I hope it means the same to you," I state sitting back down to where I originally was sitting

"Of course we love it, you idiots!" Adonai confessed 

"You guys are so sweet, it means so much to the both of us," Violeta stated, fiddling with the silver circle. 

"Group hug?" Jisung spoke up.

"Group hug." we all cheered in unison 

After many heartfelt embraces later, Adonai finally spoke up.

"Ok, now it's time to start the movie." 

We all nodded and she pressed play. The movie starts with no interruptions, well at least for now.

 ~~~~~~

"DUMBASS!" Jisung yelled sat the tv holding his fifth Dorito bag. He was pointing at the tv with a Dorito that is being held by his chip-dust-covered fingers.