c h a p t e r 3

Felix

"So, are we going to, you know, talk about the elephant in the room?" Jisung asked as we walked back to my place, shivering from the intense winter. We couldn't check the time on our phones since his phone was dead and I lost mine when the wolf attacked me, somehow it fell out of hands, how convenient. And for some odd reason, the intense pain in my shoulder just stopped, poof.

"What elephant?" I question.

"Oh, I don't know...the fact that you have hole marks and blood stains on your jacket!" Jisung yelled throwing his hands in the air.

"Oh, that...ummm... I fell?"

"you sound so sure. Why don't you tell me?"

"I don't know, ok. I just—I'm just wasted, tired and I have no flipping idea what I'm going to say to my mother when I get home. Everything is piling up and suffocating me." I confessed, hoping he'll understand that I'm just not okay, and I can't tell him yet. Thankfully, he got my message and dropped the subject.

When we arrived at my house we silently sneak into the laundry room. I take off my flannel and hoodie, I look at the moonlight that's pouring from the window next to me. It's beauty captivating the dark night sky with specs of stars surrounding its glowing light.

"How do you get blood out of clothes?" Jisung asks, pushing his hair out of his face with his hand. I simply shrug, I didn't know either. If I had the occasional nose bleed, my mom did the laundry for me.

"No clue." I reply tiredly.

"Now I know how my mom feels," Jisung mumbled, "can we please just go to your room and sleep?"

"I was hoping for the same thing, mate."

I take the flannel and hoodie with me and sneak up to my room. I take off my shirt and hide it in my closet. I find another shirt to sleep in, Jisung does the same. He stays at my house a lot that he has his own mini closet. I crawled into bed and lifted the covers so Jisung could hop inside.

He held on to me tightly, again, I was used to the cuddling of my best friend, it's just the type of friendship we have. People would find it odd but it's completely normal, we just happen to be really close with each other, almost like brothers.

I also cling on to him and we both drifted into deep sleep.

~~~~~~

I was woken up by a rustling noise from the corner of my room. I open my eyes to see my mom cleaning around. I try to get myself away from Jisung, so I can make sure my mom doesn't see my clothes covered in blood. However, Jisung has a really strong grip, even when he's sleeping, so I could only sit up while Jisung still clingy on to me.

"Hi." She whispers. She comes to give me a kiss on my head and leaves the room without making a peep.

Just as she left, the effects of a hangover overcame me. I groaned and flopped back on my bed which causes Jisung to wake up.

He groaned and squinted at me. "Hangover?"

I nodded.

He closed his eyes for a second. He looked at my shoulder.

"You ok?"

I looked over to my shoulder, I nod again.

He took the fabric on my shoulder and slowly slid it down, there was nothing. He was confused but ignored it.

"I'm going to make us some coffee and get us some painkillers and food." He got up and left the room.

I lay down trying to calm myself, thinking about the entire night and just how I got into this mess in the first place.