c h a p t e r 6

Felix

"Ughhh." I had a pounding headache and everything was blurry when I opened my eyes.

If I had a dime each time I had the feeling of throwing up, I wouldn't need to worry about going into an online shopping binge. Did I need those habanero gummies? No. Did I buy them anyway? Yes, and I don't even like spicy food! I really need to stop wasting my money...

"Felix, you ok?" Jisung said softly, his voice was so gentle, scared to be too loud.

"Am I in the best of moods? No, I feel like puking all my guts out. Will I survive? Yeah. The real question is did I hurt you or the girls?"  I ask, trying to sit up but ended up falling back down.

"Hey, calm down, rest. Don't worry Lix no one was hurt. Stay here, V is making some soup while Nonai is getting some painkillers. Just lay down and relax, it's all going to be okay." Jisung Jisung pinche my cheek ever so slightly and ruffles my hair.

I look at him straight in the eye, "How can I calm down, I could've killed you all. I could've hurt a person on the streets. What if my mom-"

"Felix, stop. It could've but it didn't. You here, safe, and you did nothing but got sick. The main concern is your health, ok. Don't blame yourself for something that you didn't even do."

"What do we do now?"

"For now, your well being is our top priority, then we prepare for the next full moon."

Right after, Violet came in from the kitchen wearing an apron, holding a wooden spoon, her dark brown hair loosely tied in a bun, and a pair of black round glasses.

"Hey, Ji, can you help me bring out the bowls and spoons. Nonai is helping out with cutting the lemons and heating up the tortillas."

"Yeah, sure"

"Hey Fefe, do you feel ok? Don't worry the food will be out and ready to eat in a bit." she smiled at me, her smile is the cutest and made me feel at ease. I simply nodded with a weak smile.

The food was out on the coffee table, the soup smelled amazing.

"Hey V, you wear glasses?!" I asked, I've never seen her with them on.

"Yeah, I usually wear contacts, I don't have the worst eyesight, but I don't have best either," she replied pouring Jisung a bowl of soup.

"Violet, what did you cook?" Adonai looked at her food with hunger.

"Caldo de Pollo, my mom, and grandma taught me the recipe, and when you have little siblings to take care of when they're sick, it's a go-to meal."

I took a spoonful and all the different flavors danced in my mouth. I knew that I will want to eat her food again.

"This. Is. So. Good!" Jisung yelled after he took his first spoonful.

"Thank you guys for everything, I don't know what I would do without all of you. Thank you so much." I started tearing up but I smiled, I never want to lose these dorks.

"Noooo! Don't cry! Here, Group Hug!" Violet yelled, tears building up in her eyes.

One by one we hugged and stayed like that for a while. For the rest of the night, we ate food and watched some Disney movies while being covered in blankets and pillows.

~~~~~~

"Ok, here's the plan," it's the end of school and we were getting ready to go with Violeta and Adonai. "we'll go to the library, then when that closes we can either go to my place and pull an all-nighter or go to another Library if they're not closed." Jisung gets his backpack knocking something down in the process but quickly closes it.