c h a p t e r 5

Felix

Usually, a person would be happy the next morning they wake up after meeting new friends, especially since they've been stuck with the same friend for a year. Not that he was complaining. But for some reason, he just woke up achy and agitated. Jisung came bursting in his room as Felix just sat on his bed looking around confused.

"Yo Felix come on, we gotta meet Adonai and Violet at the convenience store." Jisung walked around the room, with every step he took the, louder it became to Felix. He closed his eyes and Jisung picked an outfit for him. "Yo Felix you ok mate?"

Felix opened his eyes and looked at Jisung. His scent was stronger to him now, in fact, all of his senses were heightened. "Jisung, is it bad that I want to punch you in the face right now?"

"Nope! Surprisingly, you aren't the first person to say that to me. But that probably has to do with the effects of the moon." Felix sighed and reluctantly changed and then went to brush his teeth. When his morning activities were done he and Jisung left.

"Bye Mrs. Lee!" Jisung called after.

"Bye Mom!"

"Yah! Lee Felix, where is my goodbye kiss!" my mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Mooooom, I'm going to be late," I whined.

"Does it look like I care, Felix. I gave birth to you, shall I remind you that—"

"Ok! I'm coming!"

I headed to the kitchen to give my mom the kiss she so badly wanted. Instead, she grabbed me and kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly.

"I love you so much, Felix. Now go have fun and be happy." She stroked my cheek and hugged me one last time before letting me go.

"I love you too, mom," I replied smiling.

"Have a good day at school!"

~~~~~~

"Hey, guys!" Adonai called after us. Both of us smiled and waved back.

"HEY ADONAI!!" Jisung ran after them.

"Slow down you're going to trip," I say. Thankfully he didn't and stopped right in front of the ladies.

"Hello, ladies." both girls laughed, Violeta laughed a little harder.

"Come on, let's go," I say and wait for them to move so I can follow behind.

"Alright, so I was thinking," Adonai started off. "Maybe I should start off with like football, you guys have a women's football team, right?"

"No we usually just have track and lacrosse," I say as we start walking.

"Then I'll do track and field first and then add in lacrosse," Adonai explained while slamming a fist on her palm.

"You're an athletic one aren't ya?" Jisung joked.

"Yup. Do you guys have fencing?"

~~~~~~

We were all sitting at the lunch tables, everyone else was eating and conversing while I just sat to the side picking at my food. The longer the day went the more and more agitated I became.

"Yo Felix, you ok?" Adonai called out to me. I look up finally and stare at her.

"Yea I'm fine," I say plainly and look back down.

"Sorry he's not usually like this, here I'll be right back. Come on Felix." Jisung took me by the hand and lead me out of the cafeteria. "Dude, what's up?"