19. And End it with a Boom

~Reese~

     "You're okay! The whole 'I need Reese Keeley' sounded like he was going to murder you!" Maya hugged me tightly before stepping back looking at me closely. "He didn't do anything to you right?"

     No I'm okay, I waved her off to escape another hug. Sitting back down I thought about my parents and my dad actually working here. It didn't hit me until I thought about the attack in my vision. He could get killed because of the guard's uniform. He could just get killed just being here!

     Maya sat down next to me and I looked at her. Her eyes filled with concerned and I looked away at the floor. Swinging my feet from the bed I told her what had happened.

     Also there's this girl... I think she's working with my stepbrother, I recalled.

     "Is she here?"

     I thought back on the vision, Maybe.

******

     Classes started soon and we decided to take the long away around the perimeter. If the girl was here trying to get in then we might be able to help her. Our shoes clicked across the pavement as we walked in silence. It was strange not hearing anything else. Then again no sane animal would dare lay a paw here.

     If we were to escape where would you go first?

     She brushed away some hair, biting on her lip. "Visit my papa and mama of course and then get the hell out of here. Maybe move down to Texas."

    Texas? I raised my eyebrows, curiously.

     She smiled, "That's where the rest of my family is. That is after we moved from Mexico.'' Maya didn't look like she wanted to elaborate why, so I kept my mouth shut.

     A gate rattled and I perked up. My ears shifting for the noise and I stopped the both of us. I looked at Maya and she nodded, before following me. Curses were mumbled along with a metal scraping against the concrete. I spoke before even seeing their face, Hey?! Her icy blue eyes stared at the two of us as we rushed over. She scrambled to her feet before taking off. Wait!

     The thing that I feared the most was being spotted especially in a place we aren't suppose to be in. Wait! We are the good guys! We rounded a building and I froze. Maya nearly bumped into me and looked as confused as I was.

     "She can't just disappear."

     I looked at her before slowly walking forward, checking behind the barrels. Technically she could if that's her gift.

     "I was only trying to be reasonable."

     I heard a striking of a match before the girl revealed herself. Her body slowly came into view, replacing what was once the brick building to her normal self. Exactly what a Chameleon would do. She moved the fire into her hand holding it out in defense position.

     Stop! Just listen to us!

     She growled and eyed the two of us, "I was trying to do this secretively. I'm guessing you want in this to, Reyna?"

     I raised an eyebrow, Excuse me?

     "I know your Mason's sister. That's all he talked about for months. I suffered from your-name-lost because of it," she explained before extinguishing the flame.

     I stepped back in shock. Mason is okay. I sighed in relief along with a few tears. Maybe we can win after all.

     Maya looked between the two of us before settling on the new girl. "Did you come to break us out of here?"

     She smirked at the us, "Even better. We are going to start a rebellion and end it with a boom."