5. Coincidence?

~Reese~

     We stood on the streets of Seattle looking for nothing in particular. Me with a black beanie to hide my huge ears and my tail tucked into my pants. I would have never said this before but now I think my butt is too big.

     Mason stood in front of me with his black jacket zipped to the top. I feel like people think we're crazy since it's baking hot right now. A lady walked by with a brown dachshund. It's claws left clicking sounds as it walked by.

     "Did you say something?" She glanced over at us, confused.

     "Oh no. Sorry my uh sister was just whispering to me about how cute your dog was." Mason said quickly while glaring back at me.

     "Why thank you," she smiled before continuing her walk.

     Mason grabbed my arm and whispered harshly close to my ear, "You need to control that voice of yours. Just... uh don't think. Don't speak. Just don't do anything."

     Your eyes! They had started to glow a weird shade of brown and red.

     "Shoot." He glanced around before dragging me over to a store. A few minutes later he walked out with a new pair of shades. "How do I look?"

     Like a gangster.

     "R' yo' sure 'bout dat?" he said weirdly, as he tried to strike a pose.

     Stop before you hurt yourself.

     He made a sad face before continuing on. The streets were extremely packed today as people pushed and shoved. I held unto my stepbrother's arm as people walked beside us.

     It was a little after lunch time and restaurants opened their doors allowing their scents to travel in the air.

     It smells really good which isn't helping.

     "I don't have any money left remember? I spent it all on the clothes."

     Then let's go home.

     "We can't. They're probably searching our house at this moment. We have to get assss far away asssss we can," Mason said in a low voice as I tried to ignore the stretch out Ss he made. I couldn't help but crack a smile which Mason ignored.

     I looked away trying to focuses on anything but our situation. The blinding sun reflected off the tall glass buildings made me look forward just as I crashed into a man. My hand lost grip of my stepbrother's arm as I fell. It took all the nerve to not scream in pain as I sat there.

     People moved around us and the man looked down at me. His black hair was shaggy and long while his clothes were the normal T-shirt and paint stained pants.

     "I'm so so so sorry," he reached down, offering me his hand. Taking his callused hand, I stand up. I looked around before spotting Mason who was trying to get around everyone.

     "Reese! There you are," he looked at the man, protectively putting me behind him.

     "I wasn't trying to do anything to your girlfriend-" The shaggy haired man stammered. I take a step back giving a disgusted look. He looked at us confused, "Eww what?"