3. Unwanted Makeover

~Reese~

     I opened my eyes to the burning sun that greeted me. It looked mid afternoon and my throat was seeking water. Sitting up, I groaned holding my head. I'm going to puke. Rushing over to the river I puke what little was left in my stomach and just laid down. Slowly sipping fresh water, my head started to clear. How long have I been here? How exactly did I get here? I thought, taking a good look at my surroundings.

     A bird chirped happily on the ground, I felt a weird urge to kill it. I was on my hands in knees stalking the small bird. The bird chirped, peaking at the ground. I crouched lower and waited. Wait what am I doing? I got up wiping myself off and the tiny bird flew off. A groan came from the distance and I tilted my head to the side. Mason!

     I rushed to his side helping him up. "Ugh! My head," he groaned, while clutching his head. I touch his forearm before rearing it back. Looking down I held in a cry. Mason must have notice my reaction because he looks over. A horrified expression passes his face when he looked at his hand before taking a glimpse at me. He scooted back. We sat feet away staring at each other in our pajamas.

     Mason was the first to break the silence, "Reese... you.... ears... tail!?" I touched my ears and they felt fine. Mason scooted up reaching he took my arm to the top of my head. Patting it I felt something soft and large. A wave of panic and confusion filled me as I felt for a tail. Long and fluffy.

     ANIMAL?

     "Some type of fox. Awe. You even have sharp canine teeth," He pointed out. What!?

     I growled at him, turning away. Of course he'd be the one laughing. All he needs is a long turtle neck shirt and jeans and he could live the rest of his life unnoticed. I wouldn't even be surprised if he did. I took a handful of grass and flowers and shoved it in his face. He picked up a Daisy and twirled it in his fingers before bring it up to his nose to smell it. He frowned, "It doesn't smell like anything."

     I gave a confused look, before reaching out to smell it. Taking a sniff before coughing throwing it to the ground.

     "Ah I see you two have started to take note of your new abilities," A gentle yet powerful voice erupt through the clearing. A breeze blew across sending dandelion seeds into the air as well swaying the grass. Birds seemed to chirp louder and insects started to play.

     A group of butterflies fluttered around us before revealing a small girl. Her sunny blonde hair was up in a half crown braid. Her expression was a sweet smile but her blue eyes said otherwise. Large butterfly wings expanded around her making her look larger before relaxing behind her.

     Mason blinked a couple of times, "What? Who are you?"

     "I am the Guardian of Nature. For I come in many shapes in forms. I am the keeper of every living creature and plant," the small girl said.

     RIGHT.

     Mason stared at her, "So you don't like... uh have a name?"

     "You may call me, Overseer. For I was not born with a name."

     "This is-" Mason started but the Overseer shut his mouth with a finger.

     "I know who you are. Which is why I chose you two. Your genes are more powerful then the others," Her eyes seemed to have shined changing from a deep blue to a aqua green. She clasped her hands together with a small smile.

     Great now she going to talk about how special we are then task us with some crazy mission. I mean it wouldn't be a good book without the same old plot and twist on its characters. I continued to stare at her with my eyes narrowed.

     "Chose us for what exactly?" Mason asked. Great. He's more naive then I thought.

     "I task of course! As you know The Scarlet Angel Company has took our people and is torturing them," The Overseer growled. Almost like a look of betrayal but she quickly covered it up, "Which is why I need you two to stop them. They already know more than they should know and if any of it gets leak out. Then oh Goddess of Nature have mercy on us."

     Mason frowned at her but kept his voice calm, "How are we supposed to do this? We are only in high school."

     The Overseer smiled from me to Mason, "I have faith in you two. The Protectors of the Novaoids and humans."

     Novaoids? What the heck is that suppose to mean? I thought. The Overseer smiled, which creeped me out, and Mason turned to look at me. WHAT?

     "It seems Reese's power has developed faster then I thought," She looked at Mason "Which means yours wouldn't be that long either."

     Can someone please TELL me WHAT going on HAPPEN? I rubbed my head feeling it aching while Mason opened his mouth then closed it.

     "It seems to me, Reese, that you don't need your sign language to communicate."

     WHY is it making my HEAD hurt? My noes started to run and a red drop fell onto the grass. I looked at Mason and his eyes filled with panic and fear.

     "What are you doing to her!?" His voice seemed to say but got disoriented as it faded in and out. Ringing filled my head as I gripped it and the surroundings started to playing tricks. I tried to grip onto reality but the darkness with stronger and pulled me down into it. As I fell I felt a pair of arms catch me but only physically not mentally.

I hope everyone is liking it so far. :)