T H I R T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

Mia mumbled an incoherent sentence and walked back into the compound.

Mia sat at the top of the roof with a journal, writing everything she was feeling. From Mystic Falls to New Orleans.

Mia had thought life would be better once they got home, on the contrary it was harder. She had to kill to get Klaus' attention, at least that's what it felt like to her. The city was at the brink of war, and Mia knew there would be casualties.

She took a deep breathe in, and looked out into the sunset. "Mia."

The blue girl turned around to see the eldest Mikaelson. "Elijah." Mia mumbled and gave him a sad smile.

"What troubles you little one?" Elijah asked taking a seat next to her, not before wiping it clean making sure not to dirty his suit.

"My mother, told me some very life changing things that's what is currently weighing in my mind. Aside from a million other things." Mia said throwing her hands up to show him just how much.

Elijah sighed, "What did she say?"

It was as if in that moment, Amelia Fitzgerald's life was a water dam. So many things were bunched up, and she let them flow out.

Problem after problem, thought after though, Elijah listened intently. He was surprised to hear of the news that Mia could bear a child if she were a hybrid just like Klaus.

"Nikalus doesn't know?"

"No." Mia mumbled. "He must focus on his child, and win back this city." Mia said putting on a brave face.

"Mia but your happiness is far more-"

"Elijah," She inturputsd, "My happiness is Nothing without this family or Nikalus. This city is out home and winning it back for his unborn child is our priority. We have a task, and we must achieve it. And if I told Nik this new information it would be the day you finally confess to hayley your emotions." Mia said in a dreamy tone.

"You two are obviously into eachother so do us a favor and get together." Mia giggled switching the subject without him knowing.

"It's more complicated than that." Elijah replied, ignoring the heat on his cheeks.

"It isn't. If you're worried about Nik I'll take care of that myself. But don't set aside your happiness for ours." Mia said and the two hugged.

"Come, I hear a worried pregnant wolf." Mia said making Elijah chuckle. He stands up and offers the younger girl his hand, "This will be out little secret." Elijah said holding out his pinky knowing Mia was serious about those.

"Our secret." Mia repeated and linked her pinky to his. The two made there was inside and depated as Elijah went to see Haykey while Mia went to the bar in their room.

Klaus walked in, "Mia Stop drinking, if I didn't know any better I would assume you're an alcoholic." Klaus mumbled while leaning on the wall.

"Let me be an alcoholic." Mia replied and walked around the room. "I think I need a vacation to the..." Mia picked up a painting.

"Bahamas!"

Klaus stared at her, "Absolutely not."

Mia sighed, "Yeah I knew it wouldn't happen." Klaus kissed her forehead, "Come on let's go downstairs, Elijah and Hayley need us for some unknown reason."

They were all sitting in the living room and talking about how two of Hayley's friend, one of which was her finance, was missing with the stones needed to perform the spell.

"No fret my vampires, and wolf, I've got this." Mia was about to get up when Klaus stopped her.

"It's alright my love, I've got this one covered." Klaus said and as if on cue a vampire walks in with Josh.