Forty Eight

"Shit shit shit!" I curse under my breath as I run down the steps to see who is at the door for me. I lift my dress so that I do not step on it with my hurried steps.

I see Officer John Meenan in the hallway as I turn the corner.

"Please John, I cant take any bad news right now. Please. Can't this just wait two days?" I beg, causing him to turn around and face me.

"Wow." He smiles at the sight of me. I spin around in a small circle for him to take it all in.

"Can this wait until after the wedding? I can't deal with anything bad right now." I continue to beg. He always comes here with bad news. That is the last thing I need right now.

"It will be too late if I wait to do this until after I watch you marry him." John speaks quietly.

I shake my head. "Please don't tell me if you found something horrible about Tyler. I love him and I am going to marry him tomorrow regardless of what you might say." I imagine the worst thing he could say to me right now.

"This has nothing to do with your groom-to-be Avery, calm down."

"Then what is it? Have you found another poor woman my father killed?" I scoff. I really do not want to be having this conversation right now.

"Why do you always assume I come here with bad news?"

"Well, because you always come here with bad news!" I remind him of the last fee visits he has made to this house.

"Well this is a good visit, I hope." He pulls a small evidence bag out of his pocket. "Since your mother's case has been solved, we have officially closed the investigation."

"I knew that already."

"So, I am here to return a few of the things we collected as evidence for the case." He opens the bag and pulls one of the items out before shoving the bag back into his pocket.

He reaches for my wrist and slides a dainty blue bracelet onto it. "Your mom used to wear this bracelet all the time. She was wearing it when she died."

"I made this for her." I stare at the new jewelry on my wrist.

"I obviously cant tell you what to do because you are a strong, stubborn woman and you are going to do whatever you want anyways, but I think you should wear it tomorrow." He tightens it around me. "You've heard of the saying right? 'Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'. Well, this could be your something blue."

"Thank you John." I smile and continue staring at my wrist. I can't believe he recovered it. I thought this little thing would have been lost forever at the bottom of that lake. "Thank you."

Author's note: sorry this chapter was so short and boring! Two chapters left!

I can't wait for you just to read the wedding chapter! You'll get to see her dress!!