Six

With day two over and done with and the outcome still not looking hopeful for our side of things, at least I have this doctor's appointment to look forward to.

Today is my first appointment. The doctor is going to tell me how far along I am and how everything is looking so far.

I am actually very excited for it. I am definitely nervous but the excitement far outweighs the nerves.

I squeeze Tyler's hand as we enter the tiny white room. I lay down on the table and wait for the doctor. Butterflies pump their wings in my stomach, sending chills throughout my body.

The doctor enters and gets right to work, pouring gel onto my stomach. She turns on the sonogram machine and touches the wand to my skin.

Tyler and I glue our eyes to the screen, waiting for the first look at our little one. "Well, i would say you are about 8 weeks along based on the size of the little one." She points to the screen to show us what we are looking at. "And that sound you hear, that's the heartbeat."

My jaw drops to the floor and tears flood to my eyes

My jaw drops to the floor and tears flood to my eyes. That's really my little baby in there? And that noise is really a heartbeat?

Tyler squeezes my hand tighter as he joins me in crying. "That's our baby in there?" He asks, wiping his falling tears.

The doctor nods and points on the screen so we can follow its movements. "That's your little baby. He or she is looking very healthy at this point in your pregnancy, Avery."

I nod and continue staring at the bundle-of-joy-to-be that is on the screen.

I can't believe it.

"I want you back in my office every two weeks so we can keep track of things." I nod as the doctor speaks.

This moment is so beautiful I can't even describe it with words. It has an almost magical feeling to it. I am in total awe of this little person that Tyler and I created together.

The doctor cleans off my stomach after we are all finished viewing the little person inside of me and exits the room, leaving me and Tyler alone. She returns a minute later with a print out of the image we saw on the screen a little while ago.

"I can't believe we did that." Tyler scoffs happily while looking at the picture of the sonogram. "A beautiful creature created among the madness that is our lives."

"When did you become a poet, Ty?" I squeeze his arm. "That was so beautiful what you just said."

Author's note: are you excited for Avery and Tyler or do you think they are too young to be parents?

Because this chapter is so short, I'm doing something special. It's time for a DOUBLE UPDATE!!!

I'm posting two chapters at once! Check out chapter 7!