Forty One

I walk in the doorway and I am immediately greeted by my fiancé. He plants a happy kiss on my cheek and pulls me in for a hug. I fight the urge to shove him away from me as I do not feel the same desire to be affectionate right now. I don't want to be touched.

"How'd it go?" He asks, hopeful.

I shrug.

Tyler looks over my shoulder as the door swings open. "I'm home!" Logan shouts, lifting his hands high in the air. Tyler directs his attention to me as he sees tears well up in my eyes. He stares at me, asking me what I've done without using words. His body language is all I need to know that he is disappointed in me.

I push past him and run up the stairs, needing to be alone right now. I've already disappointed myself and Peter. I don't need Tyler disappointed in me too.

I slide down my bedroom wall, barely even making it in the door.

Why me? Why?

Why does all of this have to happen to me?

Can't someone else have something tragic happen to them every once and a while?

This is all becoming too much for me to handle.

My eyes fixate on Logan as he walks up the steps. I place my hands behind me on the wall and stand myself up, not wanting to be in a vulnerable position when he undoubtedly confronts me.

Logan presses himself up against me, forcing me against the wall. "This isn't over Avery."

"Back off Logan." I try to assert myself.

Logan laughs at my pitiful excuse of defending myself and leans in closer, placing his lips next to my ear

Logan laughs at my pitiful excuse of defending myself and leans in closer, placing his lips next to my ear. I shiver as he breathes in my ear, the air swirling around my skin. I feel weak beneath him. He makes me feel like I am a tiny ant and he is the foot waiting to squish me with his powerful step.

He terrifies me to say the least.

 "I'm going to say this one time and one time only." I take a deep breath and prepare myself for whatever he is going to say to me. "He's lying."

Logan stands himself up and leaves the room.

"You did good today." He winks at me.

Author's note: what do you think Avery will do to end all of her pain and suffering??

I'm sorry this chapter is so short. I have been trying to write my new story 'Absent' because itl'l be a short story and I just have so many ideas for it! Please go check it out!'