Twenty Three

I caved.

I called him.

And you know what? He showed up.

He came even though I interrupted him and broke his heart. And he came prepared with a dress that I can actually wear.

I'm a mess

I'm a mess. I'm not even going to try to hide it or deny it. It's as simple as that. I need someone to help me and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I needed him and he came. That's all there is to it.

I am grateful.

Being at this funeral alone would just hurt too much. Call me selfish if you want but I wanted someone to tell me they love me.

I want attention from someone I care about.

Is that too much to ask for?

Maybe me breaking off the engagement was silly? Or maybe it wasn't. Only time will tell.

Maybe I'm being selfish by asking him here because I knew he still loves me. Or maybe it will be the beginnings of a new era for us? Only time will tell.

Maybe he will be able to make me happy again? Only time will tell.

Tyler grabs on to my hand as we slide into the benches. He interlaces our fingers and holds me tight. Beside him sits Logan and Peter. On the end is Brandon. Peter really wanted him here despite the morbid fact that their first real date is being held at a funeral service.

The priest enters and starts the service.

It's beautiful. As beautiful as a dual funeral can be at least. Everyone is polite and respectful.

The press is respectfully collecting their information from across the street so as to not disturb us while we mourn.

The news of the murders of my sister-in-law and step-sister by my father's hands traveled fast and before we knew it, we had reporters knocking on our door and leaving messages on our phones. We are once again, America's favorite family.

I'm glad the news of our unfortunate lives is entertaining to them.

What I wouldn't give to be an onlooker like everyone else. I would trade places with any one of them instantly just so I can know how it feels to be normal, even if it's just for a little while.

After the service, everyone files back into their cars and follows the hearses to the cemetery.

Kara will be laid to rest next to Hillary and Leigh will be laid next to Kara

A few of us give speeches at the cemetery as their coffins are carefully lowered into the graves.

Tears fall from all of our eyes as we stare at the wood boxes they will be stuck in for the rest of eternity.

I've seen too many people die. We've seen too many people die. This needs to stop.

Author's note: what do you think of Avery and Tyler's reunion? Will it last?

Thank you for 500 reads in such a short amount of time! Upside Down is almost at 7,000 reads! Recommend it to your friends!