Forty Seven

With the wedding being... well.,, tomorrow, there is a lot to do around here. Everyone is running around trying to make everything perfect for our big day.

It's finally happening! I can't believe it!

My very own happily ever after is finally here!

In just about twenty four hours, I am officially going to be Mrs. Lock!

In fact, the original Mrs. Lock is here to help me get ready for tomorrow: Tyler's mother!

I couldn't be more thankful for the help she is providing me.

While Tyler is at his best man's house preparing for his bachelor party this evening, his mom is here helping me prepare for mine.

I walk out of the tiny bathroom in my wedding dress and show Tyler's mom my outfit for the first time. She gasps when she first lays her eyes on me. "It's my mom's dress." I inform her. "I made some changes so that it fits my style but I thought it would be a nice way to incorporate her in my wedding. I really want her to be there with me tomorrow." I sigh, looking at the dress in the mirror.

Tyler's mom tears up and grabs on to my hands. "Your mother would be so proud of the woman you have become."

I nod with a genuine smile. "I know." I say confidently for the first time since she died, knowing in my heart that she is watching down on me. I am happy with where my life is at.

Brandon walks in the room with his eyes glued to the floor. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt but-" his eyes follow the train of my dress up to look me in the eyes. "Oh wow. Is this your actual wedding dress Avery?" He asks a rather obvious question. I nod, wiping some stray tears from my eyes. "Wow."

I laugh as he remains speechless. "Thank you!" He smiles, unsure of if he is welcome in here or not. "Come on in here Brandon." I pull him in for a hug. His hands delicately wrap around my body as he tries to avoid damaging my dress before I am able to walk down the aisle.

"I am so jealous of how good you look right now." He holds back his excitement. "You are going to look even more beautiful than you always do Avery. All the men out there are going to wish they had you to call their own. And probably all the women too. Even the straight ones!"

"Thank you Brandon. You are too sweet." I pull his hand up and kiss the top of it. "What did you come in here for in the first place? Are the kids acting up down there?" I ask, ready to put them back in their places if they are giving my sweet Brandon a hard time.

"Oh, no. They're just fine. But there's someone at the door for you." My eyes widen as he speaks the terrifying words. In recent history alone, someone showing up at my door unannounced has not been a good thing for me.

"Do you know who?" I ask. Maybe it is just a neighbor asking to borrow some sugar. Or a sweet old lady asking to borrow my phone since her car broke down. Or maybe it will be a little girl-scout selling those delicious cookies?

It's probably not any of those scenarios.

"It's a cop." Brandon shrugs. "I didn't ask his name. I just figured it was important."

"Shit."

Author's note: uh oh, why do you think there's a cop on Avery's front steps?

three more chapters! I'm so excited for the end of this story!

Are you excited for the wedding? Here's a sneak peek of Avery's dress! You'll be seeing a lot of it in the next few chapters! I don't want to reveal it just yet though! I still need to keep SOME things a secret, don't I?