Eleven

Author's note: above is what Avery's bathing suit looks like! I think it is so adorable and totally fits her character! Do you agree?

It's warm.

The ocean water is a deep blue, just the way I like it and the sand is golden. The sun is shining, causing a beautiful shimmering on the water and the sand sparkle like a thousand tiny little jewels.

The waves crash against the shore, seagulls screech as they fly around, the wind blows around us.

The saltwater smell in the air is refreshing. This is just what I needed. The humid sea air fills my lungs, making me wish the days I would come here with my parents.

The beach is relaxing. It always has been for me. It's is calm and quiet. Peaceful and gentle.

Tyler and I splash around in the salty water like a bunch of idiots while the kids make sand castles on the sand.

The sun sets over the water, creating beautiful colors over the ocean around us.

I jump at Tyler, flying into his arms and kissing him, forcing him to stop splashing me in order to catch me

I jump at Tyler, flying into his arms and kissing him, forcing him to stop splashing me in order to catch me. "I love you."

Tyler smiles info another kiss. "And I love you."

"Why can't every day feel like this?" I ask rhetorically. "I am so happy right now."

"From now on, it will. Now that your dad is in prison-"

"Oh god. Please don't talk about him. I'm done talking about him. I've been talking about him every day for the last two years and what he's done." I sigh and stare up at the multicolored sky. "But now, I'm done talking about him."

"Fair enough." He laughs and sets me down in the water. "Let's go get some food."

"I'm not hungry. I want to swim!" I protest.

"Well the kids are probably hungry. And I know I am. We haven't eaten all day. You need to eat too. At least to keep the baby healthy." He tries to reason with me.

I sigh. "I'll eat later. Just now right now."

"Avery." He stares at me, not wanting to take no for an answer.

"Tyler." I give him the same stare back. Two can play at that game.

"I'm not playing games with you Avery." He replies, irritation growing in his voice.

"I'm not asking you to. What I am asking for is a nice day at the beach. And I'm sure as hell going to get it!" I kick some water up at him.

"Fine. I'm taking the kids to get dinner on the boardwalk. I assume that means you are going to be right here when I get back?"

I shrug. "Depends on if I let the water carry me away or not."

"Avery." He sighs. "What does that even mean?"

"I'm kidding. Yes, I'll be right here."

Tyler sighs and wipes his face. "Just get out of the water before it gets dark, please."

"Okay. I will."

Author's note: I'm sorry this chapter took so long. I had so much problems having motivation to write it and problems in real life too.

I tried so hard to write it but it's been rough. But hopefully, I will be more consistent after this.

Anyways... what do you guys think of Tyler?