07. PLUS ONES

07.

"Hey, Peaches."

Summer looked over her shoulder as she walked down the hallway out of her lecture, knowing only one person who would have been calling after her.

She was surprised to see Brad gliding through the hallway with a grin on his face. They'd not seen each other yet at university, mostly because Brad was either skiving or hiding away in a corner somewhere with his friends.

"Bloody hell, you scared me," she smiles, taking off her headphones so she could hear him properly. "I forgot we go to the same uni."

"Same, until I saw you bouncing down the hallway," he says with a cheeky smile. "But I'm glad we do. It'll help you realise how irresistible I am when you see me everyday."

"You think too highly of yourself," she laughs him off.

"What are you doing now, anyway?" Brad asks, putting his arm over her shoulder. A few people looked over, confused at the pair: they looked like complete opposites.

"I just finished my final class of the day," she replies. "So I'll probably go home and study a bit more, now."

She was meant to be meeting Sophie for a coffee, but Sophie hadn't replied all day about meeting. Since the incident at Charlie's house two days ago, Sophie hadn't really spoken to Summer that much. Sophie had always been closer to Charlie than Summer anyway, considering that was how they met—through Sophie. Summer was surprisingly unsurprised by her friend dropping her, so she realised she'll probably have to venture through uni by herself since Grayson dropped out and worked full time instead.

"Do you want a ride home?" Brad offers as they walk out of the building together. He ignored the jealous stares that a few people shot their way.

"I can just get the bus," she shook her head, not wanting to make Brad go out of his way to drop her home.

"Awesome, I'll take you."

"Haven't you got classes to attend?" She asked with a frown. "You never said if you had classes, and I'd hate for you to miss them just to take me home."

"Yeah, but I'll skip them to spend time with you," he says playfully but they both knew he wasn't joking.

He had left messages every few days post-break up and Summer had to admit that she was impressed he hadn't given up yet. She didn't think she was worth the hassle, but he didn't want to give up on the challenge of getting with her.

A lot of the messages were just check-ins, with an occasional flirty reply here and there. Summer had replied to almost all of them, just so he didn't get worried that she was super depressed after the break up.

The first night was the worst night, all the emotions hitting her like a truck and leaving her crying alone in bed as she comprehended everything. But the next morning, she'd gotten it out of her system and decided it would be the perfect time to just reflect on herself and grow as a person. She hadn't been upset since.

"Maybe we can do more than just hang out," he teases her, and she rolls her eyes. He knew she wouldn't give in to him yet, which was fine because he wanted everything to happen in her tempo.

But he would be lying if he said he didn't find it fun, teasing Summer with the subtle comments he made. The way her cheeks were redden, or her eyes roll at him playfully. He knew when to stop, before he took it too far, and she knew that he was aware of it, too.

After not long of persuading Summer to take the offer of a lift home, they get into his car not long after and Brad fastens his seat belt, Summer doing the same before Brad begins his way to Summer's home.