Parachute ♡

(Be warned friends, I'm writing this on my laptop and from what I'm seeing, there's not a choice of adding bold letters, underlining or italic fonts. So I wanna apologize if the story is a tad bit confusing LMFAOO, enjoy! ♡)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*3:35 a.m*

I've been having some really scary dreams lately. I'm not particularly sure why though. But they've been happening almost every night now and it's getting seriously, fucking frustrating. Sometimes, they'll gets bad that I feel sick. But luckily I can just go downstairs and get some water or something. I'm low-key glad my boyfriend doesn't know about them because if he did, he wouldn't stop trying to "keep me safe". But that's one thing I love about him: He keeps me safe. He makes me feel protected. Mind you, I'm still overly independent but he still wants me to be okay. His name is Mark. We've been seeing each other for about a year and a half. He's my everything.

I jumped up in bed, sweating profusely, out of breath and shaking. For about 3 days now, I've been having the same dream. I used to be in an abusive relationship for about 5 years and it was torturous to say the very least. Though he's in jail now, he still seems to crawl into my mind and get paranoid. Just thinking of him makes me want to scream. But here's the thing: Mark saved me. And I don't mean like he actually called the cops and all that sappy shit. I mean 1 year after my ex went to jail, I had met Mark. Me and him hit it off right away as friends. And then that turned to good friends. Then great friends. Then best friends, so on and so fourth. Mark decided one day to grow a pair and ask me out on a date. I told him I'd get back to him on it, ran to my apartment and cried like a fucking baby. Only because the fear of getting emotionally and physically hurt in another relationship as I was in my last, made me seriously uncomfortable. But I eventually said yes and here we are, a year and a half later. I couldn't be more happy. He's just so thoughtful and caring and generous and hilarious and handsome and polite and strong and... I don't know he's just so sweet. Everyday I feel like I'm on cloud 9.

After I jumped out of bed, I quickly walked to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. I was standing by the counter jugging down my drink to cool down my body and help me relax. I wasn't finished with it but I put it down on the counter and stared down at my feet thinking about my recurring dream. I wanted to cry so bad but I couldn't. I think I sweated out all my tears when I was dreaming so I just stood there trying to slow my heart rate. But I kept feeling this presence behind me. I wasn't sure if it was just me or not so I just ignored it. Then, two strong arms wrapped around my waist and someone's chin leaned on my right shoulder. I didn't jump but I relaxed into his arms, smiling. I laid my head on his chest and I heard my chuckle.

"What are you doing awake?" Mark asks with a slight rasp in his voice from lack of sleep. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Couldn't sleep." Mark stayed silent for a quick second but then started swaying me back and fourth.

"Come back to bed with me." He said as he kissed my cheek. I smiled and nodded my head as he grabbed my hand and walked me up the stairs into our room. He closed our door and smiled at me.

"I not even sleepy at this point, man. I don't fucking know how I'm gonna sleep by just staring at the ceiling." I giggled. Mark walked towards me and grabbed my hands swinging them back and fourth.

"I know how to get you to sleep, man." He smirked at me. I stared at him in suspicion.

"I'm afraid to asks what your method is." I said. He jumped toward me and pick me up and made me wrap my legs around him as he spun me around 3 times quick.

"NO! PUT ME DOWN!" I laughed holding on to his neck tight. He stopped spinning around and laughed.

"As you wish." Mark drops me on the bed on my back and hovers over me.

"God I love your laugh, Y/N." Mark stared into my eyes while rubbing my cheek with his thumb. He leans down and kisses me, and I returned because... obviously.

"And I love you." I said. Mark smiled and finally got us under the covers.

"Hey, whats your all-time favorite song?" He asks me out of nowhere. I thought for a minute till it came to me.

"Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson all the fucking way. Why?" I ask. Mark pulled me into his chest and hugged me.

"Well you said you were trying to go back to sleep. So I'm gonna perform your favorite song for you." You laughed a little.

"You know I love your singing."

"Exactly." He winked at me and I laughed again. I shut my eyes and listened to his voice.

"I miss the sound of your voice

And I miss the rush of your skin
And I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in

If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what's next
I'd make you believe
I'd make you forget

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

I miss the sound of your voice
Loudest thing in my head
And I ache to remember
All the violent, sweet
Perfect words that you said

If I could walk on water
If I could tell you what's next
I'd make you believe
I'd make you forget

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

I miss the pull of your heart
I taste the sparks on your tongue
I see angels and devils
And God, when you come on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on

Sing sha la la la
Sing sha la la la la

Ooh Ooh Ooh

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

It's all wrong, it's all wrong
It's all wrong, it's so right
So come on, get higher
So come on and get higher
'Cause everything works, love
Everything works in your arms."

And just like that, I was out like a light. These kinds of scenarios make me love Mark even more. I remember the way he made and still makes me feel about love. He was the one that made me feel okay with falling without a parachute. Falling in love with no parachute is the most scary but thrilling thing in the world. I'm so glad that he taught me that. We don't need a parachute together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope ya enjoyed this one. I'm proud of it.

Have a blessed day/ night ♡

~Quincey ♡