Chapter 22

Quick A/N : i have no experience with dancing so if it is slightly confusing im sorry.

Andy's PoV

I had ask Rye to teach me how to slow dance as i was asked out by Mikey to go to go to this surprise place. He told me he wanted to dance with me and it was going to be a blast. I was really happy! I was asked out by the guy i have been crushing on for years now, but for some reason the thought of me and him going out didn't set off the same fireworks it used to.

When i went to Rye's room to ask i could see he wasn't as happy as he was showing and to be completely honest i wasn't being true to my feelings.
The sadness in his eyes made me want to forget about everything and focus all my attention on him and make him happy.

I had ignored these feelings as usual as they couldn't be that serious. When he said he'll help me i was so happy as i really couldn't dance ( i had two left feet ). The boys were all out so i knew we wouldn't be disturbed.

(Time skip to the night)

Not long after seven all the boys had left the house, leaving me and Rye alone.

After half an hour i was worried that Rye had forgotten the promise so i got up from my bed and walked towards his room. I lightly knocked on the door and only entered when i heard Rye soft voice telling me i could come in.

When i opened the door i was met with Rye lying calmly on his bed reading a book with yellow fairy lights around the room.

'Did he always have these? I guess i never seen then when they were on' i thought.

My trail of thoughts were broken when Rye forced a cough out making me realize i had just been staring. As always.

"So you need help with slow dancing right" he said putting down the book.

I nodded lightly.

"Okay then stand there" he said pointing, so i moved to the space between his and Harvey's bed.

"Alright so there are three types of slow dancing" he said.

'Wow, i only thought there was one'

"So the first one: we are arms length apart. So you have both your hands on my shoulder and my hands on your shoulders" he motions for me to do it so i did and he did the same, it seemed really awkward.
"Of course this is just the dance you will most likely do with siblings or parents." He said.

We broke apart, my heart racing even thought we had not even been closer than arms length.

"Second one is most like for people on a date more likely you haven't been with this person or know this person long so you want to be close, but not too close" he explained i nodded along, my heart rate picking up at the fact that we are going to be closer.

"What happens is... you will have to be closer, as you wrap you hands around my neck..." he said grabbing my hands and wrapping them around is neck, we were closer then we were before but still at a safe distance.

I could feel my cheeks getting really hot, telling me that i was blushing. "And then i will put my hands...here" he hesitated. I slightly jumped when i felt his hands on my hips. My heart was racing miles per hour at this point and there was no doubt that i was blushing... badly. " and we just slightly sway" he said looking down straight into my eyes.

We had just stared at each other the silence taking over. The fairy lights added a sort of romantic setting to this. It was perfect.

'Stop it Andy, you are going on a date with Mikey in less then 24 hours" i scolded myself.

"Yeah, so..." Rye said. However unlike last time he didn't pull away... and neither did i. I just carried on looking at him straight in those chocolate brown eyes that seemed to go a honey colour in the sun. "The third one is where you guys will be practically hugging as you would wrap your arms around his neck and he would wrap his arms around your waist... if you don't want to try that one its fine" he said, but i quickly got closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck just like he described.

He wasn't slow to wrap his arms around my waist. My head was laying on his chest as his was rested on mine. And in that single moments everything was perfect. The setting. The mood. I couldn't be happier.

I felt one of Rye's arm leave my waist and go to his back pocket. I don't know what he did but as soon as his arm was once again wrapped around my waist, the soft song of 'come out and play' by Billie Eilish came on.

I didn't want to leave, it really was perfect. I just hoped to God that Rye couldn't feel my heart as it was beating faster than anything and i was glad he couldn't see my face.

We had just swayed to the song, until it slowly came to an end. That was when we decided to pull away, but not fully.

If by my correction we would be in dance position two. I looked up into Rye's eyes as the next song played and of course 'i can't help falling in love' comes on.
I didn't realise that we had slowly started leaning into each other, our lips becoming dangerously close.

He stopped, our lips centimetres apart. I couldn't handle it i leaned in and and our lips touched.

His lips were soft yet rough at the same time. Our lips moved perfectly In sync. There was no lust involved in the action, only pure love. I couldn't be happier in my entire life. I was in pure bliss. It was the best moment of my entire life.

But that had to end, i pulled away saddening at the lost but i had to. I opened my eyes to see Rye, i looked at him before running out of his room and into mine to my bed.

What is wrong with me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————
artino1987   HERE YOU ARE!
KodieA what you up to ?

A/N: Here is chapter 22 of Who Are You? Hope you guys like it and are enjoying it so far!

Anyway please comment and vote i want to see what you guys think and if there are any spelling errors please tell so i can correct them.

Give your opinion on the book?

Thank you!

-Heidi💖❤️