XVIII

Hey y'all, welcome back to the story. Super sunburnt that I can barely move so here I am, writing a chapter. 😎

This chapter is structured a bit different this go around. The story mission: Pouring Forth Oil, is occurring in the background of this chapter while Harley and Nyx go on another adventure which eventually crosses over. Hope you enjoy!

PS: Yes, Nyx and Harley are playing a real game we made up in Online mode and yes, it is very very entertaining.

PPS: It's kinda short don't hate me. 😬

Harley's POV

Night had fallen over the camp, the only noise being the hushed chatter throughout the various tents. Arthur, John and Charles had just left, probably to rack up some cash for the camp. I sat alone at the edge of camp, enjoying the peaceful evening.

My pencil danced around a worn journal page, creating an intricate sketch of some flowers I had picked nearby. The black jeans I wore were covered in dirt and dust from previous adventures, lightly coating the leather cover of the book. My signature ruby red blouse was slightly unbuttoned, allowing the breeze to tickle my collarbones. A sigh escaped my lips as I pulled my pencil back, admiring my work before closing my journal. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a pair of feet approaching me. Biting my lip, my brown eyes trailed up to meet his bright green ones.

"Hey, Harley..." He greeted with a shy smile, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Sean. How can I help you?" I ask, stuffing my journal away into my bag. My tone was cold and distant. The redhead sighed, leaning against a tree timidly.

"I— I just wanted to apologise. Ever since that night, I've just been a jerk."

"Yes, I've noticed." I comment briefly, crossing my arms. Sean glanced at me sadly.

"It's just— everytime I see you and Arthur together... It hurts." He confesses, causing my heart to skip a beat.

"Sean, we can't—"

"I know!" He exclaims, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "But I can't help the fact that I fancy you, Harley."

"Keep your voice down, Macguire." I warn, looking around. "I can't continue seeing you, I'm sorry." I winced at the look of hurt that flashed across his face. "We can still be friends?" The cliche saying made me mentally slap myself.

"I don't know if I can do that just yet." Sean said, looking like a sad puppy. I sighed, nodding in understanding.

"That's alright. Take as much time as you need." He nods, wandering off. "And Sean?"

The redhead turned back to me with a raised brow. "Yes, Harley?"

"You weren't a mistake. Just remember that." I say softly, looking directly into his eyes with a ghost of a grin. The Irishman blinks, mumbling to himself as he continued back to camp. Leaning back against the log In info was propped up against, I study the stars that twinkled over head.

"Harls." A familiar voice made me jump. I lifted my head slightly, cocking a brow at the brunette girl that stood before me.

"Hey, Nyx." I greet with a grin. "What's up?"

"Well, the boys have ditched us so I was wondering if you wanted to go for a ride?" She asked with a small smirk on her face, almost as if she knew what I was about to say.