XXVIII

I just entered this story into the Wattys...
Also just opened my redbubble shop, how do we feel about me selling fanart? If you'd like to check it out then the link is:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/blondevchicc
Beware, it's brand new!

This chapter is pretty short and uneventful but it has an important flashback soo.. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It was pretty rushed because I wanted to give y'all something to read since I've been gone for a bit but hopefully chapters will return to normal timing and length!

Please feel free to leave a vote and/or comment, make sure to click that follow button for updates and as always, enjoy the chapter!

Harley's POV

It had only been a couple days since I unwillingly rejoined the O'Driscoll gang. My wound was left untreated, the bullet still buried in the flesh waiting to cause an infection. I refused medical treatment from the gang, disgusted by the idea of any of them even looking in my direction. Colm forced me to share a room with him, like nothing had changed since I abandoned his crew. The only difference was I stood up for myself more that before and, despite Colm's constant pestering, I didn't allow myself to get forced into the toxic, unwanted relationship again. The only weapon on me was my sawed-off shotgun, which carried no bullets in it. I had allowed Sterling to flee with the rest of my weapons and all my supplies, an impulse decision that I now regret. However, if I was going to escape, I would need the gang's trust...

Sean's POV

"Dutch! Dutch!" I called loudly, rushing into camp on Robin's back, not even bothering to hitch her.

"Mr. MacGuire, you've been gone quite a while. What can I do for you?" The raven-haired leader questioned, lighting a cigarette calmly.

"I was captured by O'Driscolls!" I announced, panting slightly. The statement drew the attention of other gang members, who approached with worried faces.

"What?!" Dutch replied with a baffled look. I nodded, waving my hands around crazily as I dove into the story of my kidnapping.

"How'd you escape?" Arthur spoke up, his usual unimpressed expression covering his face.

"That's the thing! Harley came for me, I- I don't know how she found out but-"

"Harley? As in the blonde-haired, two-faced traitor that we banished?!" John erupted in annoyance. "You don't think it's suspicious that she just happened to know you were there?"

"Listen, she saved my life! I was minutes away from being executed and she got me out of there." I explained, my gaze darting between Arthur and Charles, who were both listening intently.

"And where is she now?" Arthur piped up, crossing his arms.

"I- there was an exchange... A prisoner for a prisoner, if you will." I stuttered, tensing under the brunette's intense stare.

"And Nyx?" Charles asked, taking a small step forward.

"I don't–"

"They went looking for her." A meek voice interrupted. We all turned to Marston's child in shock. "T– they came here — Auntie Nyx and Uncle Kieran — a few days ago looking for Uncle Sean, said they were searching for Auntie Harley... that she was missing." He mumbled softly, looking up at his father. "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone." We stared at the boy, processing the information.