XV

Surprise! I'm in Hawaii but still managed to write a new chapter for y'all!
I also got some evil plans for the next chapter and I'm really excited.

Arthur's POV

"I can't believe they haven't returned yet, is she insane?!" I huff, clenching my fists angrily. Charles sits across from me on a log, crafting some arrows.

"As long as they comes back with Nyx by her side, then I don't care how long they're gone for." The Native replied, taking a deep breath in order to remain calm. I let out a groan, rubbing a calloused hand over my face. It's only been a day, and no one has seen or heard from Harley or Kieran since they left camp to find the missing bounty hunter.

I just hope whatever Harley has planned, she's playing it safe.

Harley's POV

"Over here fuckers!" I shout, waving me arms in the air wildly as I stand in the middle of a dirt path. Yells ring out around the O'Driscoll camp, drawing attention to my very vunerable position. They aim down their barrels hesitantly, unsure of what to do since I did not have weapons out. I smirk, sending the boys a suggestive wink before calling over my shoulder. "Now, Kieran!" The brunette peeks out from behind a tree and fires multiple rounds as I duck and roll behind a rock, pulling out my pistol.

Gunfire echos through the trees as bullets fly left, right and center. Kieran draws more and more attention to himself as I sneakily slip by most of the men, taking out a few silently from behind. My brown eyes scanning the area, eventually falling on a staircase that led down into a cellar. I recognized it instantly, pushing back all the horrid memories that flooded my mind. After making sure the coast was clear, I creep along in the shadows before darting down the staircase.

The cellar was dark and cold, the only light came from a flickering torch that hung from the wall. I squinted, forcing my eyes to adjust to the darkness. "Nyx?!" I whisper-shout in shock and horror dropping my gun on the floor and sprinting over to the unconscious figure that limply hung from the stone wall. "Holy shit, what did they do to you?!" I mumble, taking out my knife and slicing through the thick ropes. There were terrible blisters that covered her wrists, most likely from her struggling. Her torso was bare other than her bra, her skin coated in thick blood. The signature braid she usually had was a tangled mess at the side of her head. I angrily blinked away tears, Nyx's figure sank into my arms as I finished cutting her loose. Footsteps approached behind me as I swung to girl over my shoulder.

"Hello, my dear Harlott." A raspy voice purred. My eyes narrowed at the sound of the voice.

"Colm, what an unpleasant surprise." I greet, turning around to face him. He looked like he had aged 100 years since the last time I saw him. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'll be taking my leave now." I say, attempting to walk passed him. The man grabs my wrist roughly, hard enough to create small bruises. I pull away from him but freeze as I hear the click of a gun.

"Make any sudden moves and your friend here dies." I curse, realizing he had scooped up my gun and that it was to Nyx's temple. Throwing my hair over my shoulder, I look back at the grey-haired man.

"You're lucky I don't kill you where you stand from taking her in the first place." I growl angrily. Colm merely smirks at my tone.

"It was my boys who hurt her, not me." He stated, shrugging nonchalantly. I glare harshly before spinning swiftly and planting my knife into his chest, unfortunately missing his heart.